Are AM riders just washed up DHers?

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I can relate to Nerf. I'm older than the entire DH crew i ride with (old enought to be their Dad in a lot of cases). Being married and a Dad, DH days can be a pain - point in case, left at 6.30am to ride 1 hr away. 7am and first crews house, 7.30 second stop for seconsd crew. Had to stop to get breaky on the way for the guys who couldnt get up early enough to eat. 8.30, wait for 30 mins for the final crew. 40min shuttle to do 10minutes riding, 2nd ride, called it and got home at 1pm... (I am not knocking the camraderie, fun, etc, and see how its addictive when you have no other responsibilities).

Whereas, i can ride up the shuttle road at a couple of tracks, riding distance from home, 15minutes up, 1minute down, 4-6 loops and i'm done, for fitness and kicks...and the young guys think i'm nuts 'cause i ride up hill. And i can be home before the family misses me.

I love my DH bike, and the DH adrenaline rush, just not the waiting around. The AM bike reminds me how much better (not that i am any good) i have to ride the DH tracks - i cant just plough... some days i take out the AM bike with the XC helmet and do xc loops and bits of other stuff, sometimes i pack the kneepads in the camelback and fullface and go and do DH loops, and then sometimes the big bike comes out for shuttles...

Thanks for writing what i just been thinking. I luv dh but for all the above issues its sarting to shit me....sometimes i am out for 4hrs and get total ride time of 15 mins!!! I also ride with young guys and have same issues - i especially "like" how none of them buy shuttle style cars, yet are dh'ers, and expect you to shuttle them and pay for fuel etc.
So i will soon be a washed up dh'er joining the am style. Loooking at getting rid of my glory and going for reign

Shoryuken

Likes Dirt
or could it be a bunch of XCérs that got angry

or less inclined to pedal the big ring so hard ... going up

or DJérs that know how to use a front brake

or fixie rejects ... or objectors ... same same

or tattoo'd single speeders (single speed for life) with gears

or DHérs that like to pedal

or like to huck with their seat up

or understand that tech is equally hard both up and down.

or those that got sick of rounding up their lazy arsed shuttle leeches, that never pay for petrol (I suspect your one of those Dood)

or FR riders that don't need chep pallets to huck

or Mountain Bikers.

or somebody that doesn't care what the profile is.

+1 if you hate dirtpig

:)

Love going to a track, then changing my mind 1/2 way there... thinking lucky i didnt bring my XC hardtail.... lets go do some drops.

Living in Sydney, there isnt much i can do on a AM bike.