Are specialized bikes the new giant??

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
The word on the street Cort is btw you and Josie, Total Rush didn't need to refinance to afford to buy SBR shop in Windsor they had just be saving all the money that you 2 have spent there in the past 12 months.

;)
geez, i am like an unoffical guarantor!

In Western Canada Specialized was the most popular choice for years. Might still be but there has been a definite increase in the number of Giants at XC and endurance events the past couple years. Since the Anthem and new Trance designs arrived and specd well for a decent price they have been taking off. Specialized was very popular with most of the large shops selling them but the top end race bikes are pricing themselves out. Their lower and mid range bikes are decent but mostly selling based on brand name now.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
In Western Canada Specialized was the most popular choice for years. Might still be but there has been a definite increase in the number of Giants at XC and endurance events the past couple years. Since the Anthem and new Trance designs arrived and specd well for a decent price they have been taking off. Specialized was very popular with most of the large shops selling them but the top end race bikes are pricing themselves out. Their lower and mid range bikes are decent but mostly selling based on brand name now.
Suprised by that, would have thought Rocky Mountain would be the bike of choice in Canada

khsmtb

Likes Bikes
Spec and Giant

Personally I see a lot of Giants at the tracks/ events, they do seem good spec and performance for the money. Some many in fact that it's a bit same same to me. I think Specialized have a better reputation for longevity, I remember the 'giant's snap' saying of not so long ago. Specialized also have the 'cool original' reputation as being one of the first mountain bike companies. Still Giants keep getting the best reviews for performance and value so I don't think the numbers will be changing anytime soon.