Atherton Tablelands

indica

Serial flasher
People of Atherton, Im coming up from the 1st to the 14th of October, I am just wondering if there are any social rides going on that I can tag along on to make sure I see all the cool tracks on offer?
PM or post here and we'll make sure you don't miss out.

indica

Serial flasher
Next stage of the park awarded to Dirt Art from Tasmania.

I wonder what happened with World Trail?

Glen?

cjaty

Likes Dirt
Atherton rental market is allegedly tighter than Cairns.
Boiler maker will get work. There is still mining stuff around, and the new resort will be nuts if that gets out.
Club Lotus is hiring again soon too.
So this new resort is being built in Cairns?

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
So this new resort is being built in Cairns?
The new resort Indica speaks of is the proposed Aquis mega resort to be built at Yorkeys knob theoretically costing 4.2 BILLION dollars that is in the approval and planning stages.

Club Lotus colloquially refers to Lotus Glen Correctional Centre, the 700 crim maximum security jail 60km inland from Cairns

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt

You almost look like you can ride in that one Jeff.
As Outacontrol says, just an illusion - everyone knows that once you get past 45 and closer to 50 [very close in fact] you become too worried about brittle bones and resulting zimmer frames to ride beyond walking pace

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Economics of using a crew from Tas?
Fly here, pay for accom, hire equipment... what the fuck QPWS? Brains?
Or Dirt Art are not making money on this.

I am confused.
World Trail - who DESIGNED the track Dirt Art are now building - live here, have gear here.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I am confused.
World Trail - who DESIGNED the track Dirt Art are now building - live here, have gear here.
None of that would have anything to do with the decision. Cheapest bid won the job.

indica

Serial flasher
None of that would have anything to do with the decision. Cheapest bid won the job.
Not always true.
Unless you know something I don't.

Last time bloke from the 'ville bid as did bloke from here, bloke from here was cheaper.
Did not get it.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not always true.
Unless you know something I don't.

Last time bloke from the 'ville bid as did bloke from here, bloke from here was cheaper.
Did not get it.
Mozzie submitted a tender on the stuff World Trail just did, and said they were cheaper than he was. He said he wasn't sure how they could do it so cheap. I am guessing Dirt Art beat World Trail at their own game...

In saying that, I am very glad World Trail won the original contract :)

rednightmare

Likes Dirt

I am confused.
FROM THE DIRT ART FACEBOOK PAGE:

We need some new staff;
Do you live in the Atherton region of Cairns, and have an interest in trail building?
We need to fill a couple of labouring positions in our upcoming Atherton project. You must be locally based with own transport (our car and accommodation is full). Positions would be for 1-2 months starting early November. We offer a great team environment and the chance to get involved building fantastic mountain bike trails. If this sounds like you please send us an email introducing yourself with an attached CV- employment@dirtart.com.au
No experience necessary.