Attn: Mike&Nat, can you please explain...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ever occur to you that it could be you riding the bike that exacerbated the problem, or that you should have been more vigilante before handing over so much money? Or that you could have had a part in the issue?

Don't go pointing the finger until you know for certain, which as far as law goes, was way way off. I don't use the trading section, but the rules stipulated there are the only ones that count right now, legally you didnt have a personal contract so it's down the the rules of Farkin to determine the appropriate course of action, which if it does include legal reparations, shame.
There is a legally enforcable contract there, probably documented in PM's. A handshake constitute a contract as much as a telephone conversation.

Secondly, this is not a thread for you to disuss the issue as a third, non-interested party. This is for Mike&Nat to have the chance as senior members to defend against the many complaints we've had about their trading history.

Please don't take part in the conversation unless you have either sold or purchased from M&N.

That goes for everyone from here on in.

tu plang

knob
yes,well i do not know what steel o is talkin about but the bike was sold to him about 2 months ago to late for a refund.
That first point is just pathetic. Sure, if the frame had cracked two months in it would be a bit of a grey area and no fun for anyone to sort out. However, this issue is completely nondepedent on the time the bike has been in his hands for. That steerer tube extension didn't appear as a result of time. This is typical of the mentality I had expected to see in this thread "flog it off and if its all good for a month we are out of the woods". Thankfully, I know most of the guys on here are above that when it comes to trading.

how would i know not to sell somthing that has somthing wrong with it that i do not know of it would be like saying to everyone that no one can sell anything 2nd hand as there could be somthing wrong with anyones bike that knowone knows of. and to put it right you could have told me about this info way befor this and i would have been able to do somthing aobut it
It is your responsibility to know what is going on with a bike that you are selling. There really is nothing more to be said.

I was going to stay out of this completely but the quoted reply is just disgusting.

With regards to the balfa frame. I bought that frame with full knowledge of the dent. What i didn't buy it with knowledge of was the stripped ISCG bolt, the worn linkage plate and axle (as a result of being ridden while loose) and the idler pully (now this is the good part) that was flogged out also from being ridden loose that you had complete knowledge of because John from Cyclone Imports had helped you with it.

People expect to be told about things like that. Just because you don't mention them doesn't mean an item is in perfect condition.

scblack

Leucocholic
yes,well i do not know what steel o is talkin about but the bike was sold to him about 2 months ago to late for a refund. how would i know not to sell somthing that has somthing wrong with it that i do not know of it would be like saying to everyone that no one can sell anything 2nd hand as there could be somthing wrong with anyones bike that knowone knows of. and to put it right you could have told me about this info way befor this and i would have been able to do somthing aobut it

mike
I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Last edited:

Bodin

GMBC
I'm not defending M&N, as I have nothing to do with this whole situation. But I have to ask:

After this advice:

Please don't take part in the conversation unless you have either sold or purchased from M&N.

That goes for everyone from here on in.
I need to know if this member:

In future, unless this matter is sorted sufficiently, I will always link this thread to any sale you attempt.
has any reason to be posting these comments here?

scblack

Leucocholic
I'm not defending M&N, as I have nothing to do with this whole situation. But I have to ask:

After this advice:

I need to know if this member:

has any reason to be posting these comments here?
Did not see Johnny's post.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so lets get down to the nitty gritty, the law..

If you look at the law about purchases my contract is with the seller not the person that supplied it to the seller that's their deal.

so my deal is with Mike and Nat if they want to take it up with thier supplier that's thier business. thats the law.

The law won't care if you knew it was faulty or not, as a seller you must not sell defective goods even if you don't know they are defective. it's the seller responsibility to put it right. so i'm still looking at you Mike and Nat.

it's not play money for these items are you ready for the responsiblity which goes with it??

I didnt think the 'Law' applied to Non-commercial, ie private, secondhand sales......CAVEAT EMPTOR...........

Its also partly the buyers responsibility to assess the condition of secondhand goods, if you buy blindly (Non-new, private..) then its your risk. Its even hard to get a court to sort stuff out from a Hock Shop (commercial second hand) if you find that its defective and you feel you've been ripped. However, negligence (criminal) or some other form may in a few instances be a factor, if a product isnt fit for purpose, noting that modifications do not necessarily render an item unfit, but may alter an items capability. Its a curly situation and I hope it gets resolved.
Personally, Ive found MandN to be ok. Im sure if its said that the steerer hadnt been pulled apart and that they werent aware of it, then thats the truth. IMO.

Last edited:

steel-o

Likes Dirt
back at ya

i'm just saying my deal is with mike, mike's is with the prevoius owner.

i claim of mike, mike claims of the guy that sold him the dodgy steerer is not my place to chase the previous owner..that's his job.

i bought it in good faith, that should be respected. mike should be chasing the previus owner, it's all quiet on that front which is a bit supicous.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Steel-o, a similar incident like this occured a while ago with a fella who forgot to take his snazzy rotor off his bike before he sold it. There was much bitching between the buyer and the seller....the buyer insisting 'the bike shop lost it' and the seller arguing that this was crap...

Now we would all very much love to see this happily resolved but I think most of us have been around to know that life is full of unpleasantries...and this could infact be one of them. In short, dont get too hung up if there is no resolution...stress only takes years off your life...

Also, as I said previously, be glad you found out that there was an issue when you were stationary insted of racing down a DH track...

Do we know who had the bike before Mike and if they can be contacted?

im 16 mate and when have i been selling life threatening parts ? ;)

and seriously who gives a fuck about how long you have been a member some of older members are fuck wits too just as some of the newer members are some of the better ones were all the same ( excluding the uber 1337 noobs)

tu plang

knob

and seriously who gives a fuck about how long you have been a member some of older members are fuck wits too just as some of the newer members are some of the better ones were all the same ( excluding the uber 1337 noobs)
no one is worried about older members who are twats, younger members who are prodigies or average aged members who are penguins. bottom line is, you are a twat and should stay out of this thread.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.

no your a turd sandwich
Very mature answer:rolleyes:. Now watch your language please.

matty_101

Likes Dirt
no your a turd sandwich

i was just answering an open ended question pointing at me
Please stop, your making every 16 year old look bad. And how is calling someone a 'turd sandwich' in any way insulting? It's only degrading to you for saying it. Anyway, this isn't the point of the thread.

As Ross said, what's happening with the problem.

moorey

call me Mia
My 2 cents, I'd like to see more name and shame threads provided everything was done privately to resolve it first. I've been totally screwed over on sales by 2 members on here. I reported it to Grip as an FYI, knowing he couldn't do anything, but aside from leaving iTrader feedback, some punks get off scott free after really doing a number on people. OK, i'm still bitter about the recent one, sorry, rant over.
I've previously had communications (not sales) with M&N over stuff for sale. I had good dealings with 'them', but as i said, no sale eventuated.