August XC build day

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
The next build day will be August 1.

The next section will be a loop on the north side of Little Falcon Rd. It will ultimately be approximately 1.5-2 km in length and will be almost entirely a descent. I am pretty confident in saying this is going to be the best bit of trail to date - the terrain and altitude we have to play with is very favorable.

This is going to be a really easy build compared to the most recent section, mostly rake and ride trail (read; very little benching required), so we should make progress very quickly. The best tools for the job this time around are going to be macleods, lawn mowers and rakes. If anyone has an old lawnmower, please please please bring it along as they make building extremely quick.

To aid in access, we are going to build the trail in the reverse direction and start work from the bottom of little falcon road.

Start time will be the usual 0730, but feel free to come along later (or earlier if you are real keen)

Unfortunately this is going to clash with the club social ride and we are looking at solutions, but it might have to stay that way due to availability of guides for the ride.. time will tell.

Hope to see you there!

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I'll be at this one. Finally back at the build days.

Might have to rig something up (not as cool as dallas's rig) so I can ride in though.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
I'll be at this one. Finally back at the build days.

Might have to rig something up (not as cool as dallas's rig) so I can ride in though.
I'll come in from the other entrance and park as close as I can to the main carpark (getting down that rutted hill has done enough damage to my car - not doing that anymore). That way I can give a lift to a couple of people to the build site. It worked ok last time.

ronster44

Likes Dirt
I will need a lift as the toy car as no hope of getting any ware near the place and has no room for the mclovin and I don`t think I can ride in with the Mclovin strapped to the bike.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
So you can get in OK from the becks road end?
Yeah, for sure... I trimmed it right back a couple of months ago so the lantana doesn't even touch the paint work on the car (it is due for another hair cut now). The road surface itself has a few puddles (they aren't deep at all) but is generally in better shape than the old jenkins access road before it was re-done. Your Subbie will eat it up.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Sweet, I know where to park whenthe big trails go up the hill. I had been toying with parking at the end of necks road for this build day, not any more.

tranceup

Likes Dirt
im gunna do my best to be here for this one and ill have the 80 series cruiser if needed to get some stuff/ people up higher than conventional cars might get too. really keen for this next stage only thing stopping me will be
Missus
Kids
Cranking surf, but itll have to be really good ;)
And repeat the above 20 times,

tranceup

Likes Dirt
well fuck, that was shut down quiker than i though and by a curve ball id forgot all about
really, i thought they were coming home after that:(
oh well you have your answer lads, im out. Please build it fast and flowy;)
promise once this yr, ill make it

lordflog

Likes Dirt
I hit the latest section on my ss yesterday morning - nice & flowy. It would have been more fun if I hadn't been on the verge of throwing up after that climb. Fitness - it come slow!