Australian commencal dealers

BikeForce at Oxenford on the Gold Coast are a dealer and a great bunch of guys. Not sure what they have on the floor at the moment, but one of the owners is a raving commencal fan. Its also only a 1hr 40min drive from Toowoomba.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you asked Johnny Sprockets? He seems to do some custom builds.

Edit: lol just realised that I replied to an ancient post. Oh well.

Last edited:

Ideate

Have you asked Johnny Sprockets? He seems to do some custom builds.
I don't need a mechanic :doh:

Boomie said they're snubbing the middle man so I might be able to order something directly. When does this stupid tax thing start?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't need a mechanic :doh:

Boomie said they're snubbing the middle man so I might be able to order something directly. When does this stupid tax thing start?
June if it happens. I've had to order directly from them as well, needed a wide angle chainguide for a V4 that i couldnt' find anywhere else. They were pretty happy to accommodate me, but by the time they got back to me on the monday i had got itchy fingers and ordered via a freight forwarder. Shipping cost would have been comparable from what commencal USA offered vs the forwarder. If you do end up ordering from them, let me know, I need to grab some more small parts for the V4, happy to split postage.

beno

Cycle Solutions
Ive preordered a 4.2am fox edition and it should be arriving in a week or two, Shipping was 300euro, but its still a great deal getting top of the line fox suspension for around 5500. We will see how much extra the guvement pulls out of me with gst, clearance and duty when it gets here!!

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive preordered a 4.2am fox edition and it should be arriving in a week or two, Shipping was 300euro, but its still a great deal getting top of the line fox suspension for around 5500. We will see how much extra the guvement pulls out of me with gst, clearance and duty when it gets here!!
I'm very curious to hear how wide the make your anus.

Keep us posted.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol thanks for the encouragement fellas
15-17% is about right. Who is it being shipped with? If you have tracking details etc, get in touch with them now and start the process so you can ensure its cleared asap.

beno

Cycle Solutions
No tracking as of yet, should have something real soon, they said the first 2 weeks of may! 15-17% hey, that takes it to near carbon YT monies, but with gold baby gold!! :)

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No tracking as of yet, should have something real soon, they said the first 2 weeks of may! 15-17% hey, that takes it to near carbon YT monies, but with gold baby gold!! :)
Yeah its a bit of a sting. I've attached a copy of my clearance document so you kind of know what you're getting into. They are a little hard to follow, but essentially there is the cost of the frame - 2434.36 aud and the cost of T&I - 163.58 (transport and insurance, regardless of if the shop has charged you for postage or not, someone has paid for it so there will be a declarable value for it) and the cost of duty (in this case its duty free, im not sure where that sits on complete bikes). GST is cacluated on Cost+T&I+Duty. There is a list of "other charges" these will be customs charges for collecting the fee and processing it, $83. On top of that there is a high value clearance fee and admin fee from the shipper. In my case it was 68 dollars from Toll. You can try and clear it yourself but its a fucking nightmare and it will slow the process down and for saving 68 bucks it wasnt worth it for me.

customs.jpg