Avanti Torrent and Coppermine/Vapour thread

Anyone know where to get rear derailleur hangers? (I'm guessing the shop where I bought the bike) but what would a reasonable price be so I don't get ripped? Thanks

drew.d

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2012 Vapour, and keen to get set and ride. Avanti dont have the back catalogue of manuals for set up however. Could someone post a rough guide to setting the suspension?

Cheers

Drew

tas28

Cannon Fodder
Just found this thread, I've got a 2011 Torrent which has treated me well for the last couple years n I'm wondering about upgrading the fork to a 150 or 160 mm fork (from the 140mm sektor) and slackening the head angle with an angle set (the current one needs replacing anyway). Seems like a few of you have played around with this n just wondering how much you've noticed a difference in the ride.

Also if you have put in an angle set of some sort what's worked for you, I've got the large frame n at 150mm the head tube is quite long.

Cheers guys!

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
I have a 2011 torrent with a 150mm fork, but I have Burgtech offset rear shock bushings which gave me another 1d head angle & also dropped the BB which helped with the taller fork.

The ride is much much better, I also have a 32mm stem. I only noticed a difference riding uphill swith backs, felt a bit weird, but the feeling only lasted 1 ride. pointed downhill it feels much more stable than before, highly recommend it.

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
hey, I bought my vapour new in 2012 and i have nothing but praise for it. I sold my glory to buy something a bit less full on for the trails i was riding at the time (looking at another DH bike now). I read above that the forks are adjustable to 120mm, does this apply to the factory fox float 100mm that are currently fitted on my bike? Also i would like to know about the head angle slacking if anyone can shed any light on that for me that would be awesome. thanks.

Attachments

marc.r

Likes Dirt
i really love those frames. wish they specced them with a monarch + or an inline though :-(

floody

Wheel size expert
hey, I bought my vapour new in 2012 and i have nothing but praise for it. I sold my glory to buy something a bit less full on for the trails i was riding at the time (looking at another DH bike now). I read above that the forks are adjustable to 120mm, does this apply to the factory fox float 100mm that are currently fitted on my bike? Also i would like to know about the head angle slacking if anyone can shed any light on that for me that would be awesome. thanks.
Next time you get your fork serviced ask them to check if they can alter the travel. Should only be a matter of removing a spacer, although that said the 32 float on my old Torrent was an OEM one with the travel adjustment pinned from the factory (disappointing as I wanted to stretch it out to 150). Does make the front end a little tall IMHO. 130 fork will slacken head angle approx 1°. Add some offset shock reducers and it would start to become a pretty rowdy little bike.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bike looks tops Falcon!

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Next time you get your fork serviced ask them to check if they can alter the travel. Should only be a matter of removing a spacer, although that said the 32 float on my old Torrent was an OEM one with the travel adjustment pinned from the factory (disappointing as I wanted to stretch it out to 150). Does make the front end a little tall IMHO. 130 fork will slacken head angle approx 1°. Add some offset shock reducers and it would start to become a pretty rowdy little bike.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bike looks tops Falcon!
thanks, i just had the bike serviced and found out that they are in fact at full travel. All good, I'm looking at picking up another dh bike pretty soon to help me get back into some of the rougher stuff. I'm really happy with how its ridding, and with with me being a little guy (5.7 and 70kgs) its holds pretty well on the trails out at the you yangs.

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
Congrats on the build, that colour scheme is on point. How does it ride?
I have busted ribs at the moment so have been only on a easy gingerly ride, it instantly felt familiar coming off my 2011 Torrent, can really notice the head angle, when it corners it feels closer to the ground (I know that sounds weird) feels incredibly plush but when you pedal it , it just takes off. Just wish I could ride it at it's full potential right now.
Wheels base is only 30mm longer that my 2011 Torrent
BB height is indentical
Chainstay length is indentical
Has 66d head angle with the 160mm forks, 2011 torrent was modified to have 67d HA.
Head tube is a massive 40mm shorter, which feels fantastic
Top Tube is 15mm longer

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
That's awesome man. Must be a rad feeling getting on a new bike and it feeling familiar straight up. You must be pretty keen to really test it out. I know if I had a bike anywhere near as neat as that Id want to be on it all day.