Do you want avatars and images in sigs back?

• No

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 56.9%

Votes: 53 33.1%
  • Images in sigs only

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bazza

look at me
bring them both back. gives the site more personality as well. if different groups of people have the same sigs gives them a group type of thing as well. the little farkin things where pretty cool. also gives it more colour to the kinda dull colours that it is atm as well. and as scott said you can turn them off so why not have them switched on and those that have an issue can just turn them off......pretty simple!

patto_15

Wheel size expert
how do you resize the avatar images. the one i had for the old forums is too big in resolution but well under in size (kb). what do i do?

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
patto_15 said:
how do you resize the avatar images. the one i had for the old forums is too big in resolution but well under in size (kb). what do i do?
Depends on the software you have.
In Photoshop go to Image-Image Size and set it to less than 80 pixels
In Windows Paint go to Image-Stretch/Skew (CTRL-W) and reduce it to about 60% of the orginal
I don't have any other Graphics software but if you post what you've got I'm sure someone will know.
EDIT: Looks like you worked it out, nice pair! :D

Last edited:

lotec

Banned
Would it be possible to get the max avatar size (pixel wise anyway) a tiiiiiiiny bit bigger. particularly if you have a very rectangle shape image 80x80 pixels is pretty small (although that could be because I run my resolution at 2048x1536 pixels:D )

patto_15

Wheel size expert
you should make the avators a bit bigger to 120 x 120. thats a resonable size. not 80 x 80. that means you dont have to make it square and the rectangle ones you can actually see.

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy

Sig - I couldn't care less. If you set a restriction on the images you can put in there (like none) I wouldn't mind. Keep is small and simple

Davf

Likes Dirt
Avatars yes, but that's all done anyways. As for the sigs, the small banners don't bother me, big pics do. Avatar size is too small. I believe they used to be a good size, how many others think so?

Tomas

my mum says im cool
IMO: Make Avtars a bit bigger for the rectangular people
Is there any method to limit Sig Picture dimention/Size?
Any chance of getting the old ones back?

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
Just wondering when the decision will be made?

I vote to bring both back, as somone has already said, there is an option that enables you to turn off the sigs (so you do not view them).

Adi

It's my birthday!
I am also with wombat on the pro avatar and anti picture signature.

Just neater and easier to read.

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I personally liked the signatures on the old phpbb forum. Maybe just allow the farkin sig,(of your name, location, bikes and what crew you are from.)
2c.

BJ-

Rota Imports
Spooky said:
I personally liked the signatures on the old phpbb forum. Maybe just allow the farkin sig,(of your name, location, bikes and what crew you are from.)
2c.
i also really liked the farkin sigs...

avatars are allways a must but the farkin sigs just added some nice bling i reckon... :D

Daneel

Likes Dirt
you should be able to set the maximum size of signature pictures in the admin control panel.. at least, that's what you can do in phpBB.

i'd suggest something along the lines of 450x110 and no larger than 150kb.

in case you haven't guessed, i'm all for avatars and sig pics.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Daneel said:
you should be able to set the maximum size of signature pictures in the admin control panel.. at least, that's what you can do in phpBB.
Not quite sure what version you were running, because you definitley couldn't do that in phpBB 2.0.x.

road warrior

Likes Dirt
BJ- said:
i also really liked the farkin sigs...

avatars are allways a must but the farkin sigs just added some nice bling i reckon... :D
your sig is wrong.....

my intent to vent is not innocent.

anyway, enable pics in sigs.....it would be good.

Last edited:

udi

swiss cheese
Ty said:
avatars and no sigs, with the new format the posts are already spaced pretty far apart, and sigs would extend that even more so.
O/T, but would a different vb theme or something help minimize spacing? I mean spacing between posts, and spacing between thread titles etc. Would be nice to have at a later date if its possible.

As for sigs/avatars -
I'd say avatars are fine, and pics in sigs are fine by me too, but put a size limit on them. Both length width and filesize. The farkin sigs were cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.