Awaba Build Day Schedule

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
As of now, until the works on the
trail are complete. There will be a build day scheduled every sunday.

Building will be from 9am till 12pm.

Hopefully we can see a few different people out there over the coming weeks and finalise the trail once and for all.

Last edited:

sammydog

A small crew turned up today at the
trail.

The storms of last week had made a mess of the Scorpion Gap, so the run in has been fixed, drainage installed and the exit modified to allow more drainage.

For those not going to thredbo, we will be out there next sunday again. The road gap can now be added to the list of things needing fixing as a 4wd has flattened it. We should also have the rock available to finish the rock garden next week as well.

Hopefully we can see a few people there

grubby

Likes Dirt
i would just like to get a idea of how many people we can together on sunday 13th for a build day, as the more peolpe that we get to help the faster we can open this trail and start riding.

there are 2 retaining walls that need to be built and a small section of the rock garden needs to be completed.

sammydog

Count me in.

If we get a decent turnout, we could split into two crews to get it all over and done with.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I should be able to make it, however I can't guarantee it.

I have Bradman Cup from the 7th-12th up at Coffs Harbour, and we're either coming home on the night of the 12th in which case i'll make it, or the 13th in which case i'll be out there that arvo if your still there.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will try to make it out to the
trail build day.
I will see what is on as it's my b/day on the 12th. (probably nothing as I'm a boring person)

sammydog

I should be able to make it, however I can't guarantee it.

I have Bradman Cup from the 7th-12th up at Coffs Harbour, and we're either coming home on the night of the 12th in which case i'll make it, or the 13th in which case i'll be out there that arvo if your still there.
Send me a text if you need a lift matty.

grubby

Likes Dirt
if you know of anyonje that doesn't check here for updates than let them know about this build day.

as lenny has said anyone who has a chainsaw bring it along as it will definitly be used to help with the retaining walls.

grubby

Likes Dirt
today saw the steep section in the rock garden get armored. this section now looks much better. the entrance to this section has been widen slightly.
this means that next week we can concentrate on building the retaining walls lower on the track.

hope to see you all out there next weekend.

grubby

Likes Dirt
just a reminder that the build day is still going ahead tomorrow. start at 9am. hope to see some of you there.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So sorry for not turning up today guys, I completely forgot about it. Should see you next weekend. :)

sammydog

From what I heard (I was a slacker who didn't attend) there was a huge turnout today and the proverbial shit load got accomplished.

As of the Long Weekend, the Awaba trail will be open for use by all. The chains will remain up unless otherwise notified, so just be aware of that. We will have designated weekends when they are down, but because of the moto's we need to keep them up.

So to those who helped build at any point, thank you and hopefully we will see you at the Awaba Longweekend Re-Opening Bash.

There will be periodic work done to maintain the trail as well, so if your riding and come across a build crew, just take it easy so no one gets hurt and if you have a chance, lend a hand. We will continue to advertise maintenance sessions on here.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out along the way.

grubby

Likes Dirt
there workers there today did a great job and didn't want to stop until all the required work was done. i also would like to say thanks to all who helped finish the trail today and to anyone who may of helped out anywhere along the lines of the construction of this mighty beast.

finally the time has come for all who build to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work.

see you on the trail.:cool:

crashtestdummy

Likes Bikes
Hi
Just after some info on the track, I had spoken to one of the blokes involved
b4 xmas and he gave us some details. My young bloke is keen as to come out and i am able to help out with any work needed. do you have a locality map as yet as we would be keen to have a look and help out if needed over the oz weekend. any details appreciated.
Cheers
Greg

grubby

Likes Dirt
the trail will opened on the long weekend. there will be guys around that will be able to show you around once there. there is a map located on the hmba website i am pretty sure so look there for directions. if you have the means to do private shuttles then by all means go and enjoy the trail. i am sure if transport is an issue if you ask there may be someone willing to help out.

on the maintainance side we will post up when these days are to happen, so keep an eye out.

to all going to ride this weekend enjoy