Awaba build day thread with dates and pics *Updated 23/08* Next Build Day see post117

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
NEXT BUILD DAY SUNDAY August 26

I have deleted all the pics in this thread due to bandwidth issues on the club site, to see the pics go to www.hmba.asn.au

The next HMBA club round has been postponed, so we have scheduled an Awaba build day for the sunday at 9am.

Last build day was Cancelled not only because pf rain, but also the risk of falling trees. I think we should be sweet this weekend.

Would love to see as many people out there as possible, if your coming bring what ever tools you think will be helpfull.

If anyone has a wheelbarrow, that could be usefull. Map of the track and directions are on the HMBA Website. There is a pic of part of the track there already, but we will be keeping the site up to date with photos as the track evolves.

Let us know if you are coming so we have a rough idea of numbers.

-----edit------

see down the page for pics

Last edited:

sammydog

Just a reminder of this sundays build day. Weather is looking pretty good at the moment, so hopefully it stays that way and we can get a fair bit constructed.

sammydog

One last bump up.

Build day tomorrow starting at 9am. Hopefully we will see a few of you there and we can get this trail well and truely underway.

sammydog

Looks like there was rain over night, but if anyone is checking, we are going ahead with the build day.

sammydog

The next awaba build day will be on July 1.

We will have a breifing at 8:30 and will start construction at 9am. We are looking to build from the bottom of the rock garden onward this weekend.

This week we would like to have all groups working as a whole and ask that no construction occur prior to the breifing.

Hope to see another good turn out to put the trail together. Once the trail is built to the bottom we will go back and complete tasks like rock armouring the steep sections in the rock garden and any other areas that look like they will erode.

-----edit------

Just to add to the build day.....we will be giving away a club DH jersey to a random build day participant this weekend.

Last edited:

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will we be arming the rocks with the pedal retardant spray that was brought up?

Cause I can see it doing wonders.

nice lookin work there girls an boys!!!
was hoping to rockup an dig some amazonian dirt but pacific park champs track needed some loven' too!!
will try an come to awaba next weekend.

grubby

Likes Dirt
the track is looking awesome and even better once you are out there. don't forget that if you want to lend a hand come out this sunday. fun was had by all who attended and the more hands we get the faster the track will be built
see you there:)

sammydog

Just bumping this up.

If you have an hour or more to spare on sunday, come help us build. The sooner its done, the sooner we unleash the shuttle trailers.

grubby

Likes Dirt
just a reminder that there is another build day on tomorrow sunday the 1st, lets get out there and build.

sammydog

Pictures from the Second build day on the DH trail - July 1

I have deleted all the pics in this thread due to bandwidth issues on the club site, to see the pics go to www.hmba.asn.au

Last edited:

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hell yeah! looking sweet!

ill try and make my way up for the next build day.

any idea on length of the trail?

sammydog

around 2km's is what the corridor length was, trail will obvioulsy be different when it's complete.

Time wise.......who knows.

Everything so far has been pretty technical, were just moving into the fast open parts of the course now.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Awsome work mate. Thats looking better then the old track.

Speaking of, is the old awaba track still ridable or off limits?

sammydog

Awsome work mate. Thats looking better then the old track.

Speaking of, is the old awaba track still ridable or off limits?
From what I can tell off the maps, as of yesterday the Amazon trail became National Park. Honestly though, with the amount of BIG trees down in the area (you can see the amazon trail from the new one) I really doubt that it would be possible to ride the trail without having to negotiate a lot of big fallen trees.

Give us a month or so though and the new one should be ready to roll. Then onto the State Round.