Awaba Heros

robbie b

Likes Bikes
Hi Rotorburnians,

Just trying to reach out to the boys (HEROS) who found a rider (ME) concussed or unconscious (I'm not sure which one it was) at Awaba downhill on Sunday.

What a bunch of legends, ditching their ride to make sure myself, my bike and my car all got to Gosford hospital safely. Myself and my family are deaply grateful for your heroism. I would love to find out who you guys are (because I don't remember shit from that day) and be able to say thank you. Maybe we could tee up a ride together, that way my wife knows I'm in good hands.

Thanks again and hopefully this message leads to me finding you.

Robert Boyd

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You all ok? Head injuries are no fun. Take care and kudos to the community that looks after its own!

Reactions: T.3

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There are some fine people in that area and it's awesome to see people helping you out when the shit hit the fan. Hopefully you're okay?
I've sent this thread to some of the club members to source who helped you out. ;)

goobags

Likes Dirt
Not sure if your on Facebook but maybe a post on the Newy MTB Riders page could help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbie b

Likes Bikes
You all ok? Head injuries are no fun. Take care and kudos to the community that looks after its own!
Thanks for the replies and helping hand in trying to find out who helped me, I'm a little bruised and battered and head is a little foggy, but definitley getting better each day. Things could have been a little different had the guys that helped me out not have acted the way they did, hence why i would love to make contact with them. Please spread the word and if you hear anything get back to me.

Thanks

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Glad you’re on the mend mate! You know it’s a good crash when you don’t remember it.

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
Mountain Bikers (on the most part) are just a rad bunch of people. Always ready to help out a fellow rider. Had a good mate of mine come off on the ourimbah DH section, broke pelvis and collarbone, flown out by chopper. Every one that came past stopped and wanted to help, it was awesome.