Backflips?

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HYOSHIMO said:
And be aware that your feet come off when upside down pretty easy
well thats where you went wrong, you should push your feet down on the pedals when your upside down, and that will finish the bikes rotation, and put your weight further forward to stop spinning and landing on your ass.

i read it on the internet once................

just try one of those websites that gives trick tips, there's usually a few flip ones. www.google.com.au and search for "bike trick tips"

heppy

Likes Dirt
ok just to get this sorted out.

1. when ur front tire is about half way up the lip begin to look up/behind you with ur head.

2.pull back (not up) with ur arms almost like a manual this means u use ur legs to to get it up, for ur first time pull hard to get the rotation going.(it gets eaiser the more u flip cause u learn to use ur legs more to rotate.

3.when u leave the lip ur feet will automaticly push out from the forces of pulling back.( and no ur feet wont come floating of the pedals)

4. as soon as ur off the lip bring arms in and keep knees bent(to rotate faster tuck in to a smaller ball.

5. while going through all those steps u should be looking hard with ur head for the landing. don't focus ur eyes on anything but the landing when it comes round.

matt99

Likes Dirt
curtisrider said:
What the fuck are you talking about, you cant even get through a set big enough to flip.
Mark, the only place you have ever seen me ride is at ivanhoe, clearly you are quite confused about me and flipping so im not going to bother getting involved in an argument, unless someone else starts it first.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
matt99 said:
Mark, the only place you have ever seen me ride is at ivanhoe, clearly you are quite confused about me and flipping so im not going to bother getting involved in an argument, unless someone else starts it first.
Ive been told you cant get through greenfields aswell, and they are smaller.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey all,
i am in the same boat. i have tried them into the pit at the shed and can say they are harder than they seem. but with a bit of commitment they don't seem too hard.
as for the above arguement, ivanhoe is a completely different set to others you'd like to flip. i haven't jumped them yet(prob this weekend) but still doesn't stop me from seriously considering flips.

didn't want to start an argument tho as i don't no curtisrider or matty99