STOLEN BALLARAT. Blue sb66 (Buninyong/Ballarat)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As mentioned above the insurance caper is pretty tricky. Most will cover you of it is secured - locked up. That's about it.

With the cops, they really don't give a fuck. Having been the victim of a few thefts I have plenty of stories of the lazy bastards not giving a crap. But to their credit (twice and twice only) I have seen them put effort into retrieving stolen bikes.

Incident 1 - I was crash tackled off my bike at approx 1am by a plain clothed officer on a stake out in a gang/hooker/dealer area. Apparently my erratic riding style caught their attention (wheelies and gutter hucks) and they wanted to check my everything for drugs. It was an unkind experience and after they found I wasn't carrying kilos of cocaine they ran a check to see if my bike was stolen. Which I wasn't until a few months later by some arsehole.

Incident 2 - when my canfield was pinched an officer attended the scene and the station guys actually checked cctv footage etc. With all the phone calls they made to me about it, they certainly seemed to be doing something. But as the officer who attended said its the kind of thing they don't really care about due to their being limited resources and lots of bigger crimes to cover. He was an hour late to meet me, having stopped in at a domestic incident on the way...also he had threatened to taser me about a year prior to this one night while riding my bike home from a cafe.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
you know you can search the rego yourself to get an address... just saying..... fill out a form at the transport dept saying your car was involved in an accident and the driver left the scene.
No point.

A) The bike won't be there, it was probably fenced on Sunday, Monday at latest.

B) The eye witness reported the guy in question as not someone you'd want to mess with. My guess is the reception will be less than welcoming.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
No point.

A) The bike won't be there, it was probably fenced on Sunday, Monday at latest.

B) The eye witness reported the guy in question as not someone you'd not want to mess with. My guess is the reception will be less than welcoming.
depends on the level of scary you can bring to the party :party:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pffffffffffft. Rookies. Turn up naked. Go via the butchers and get a good covering of blood. Politely explain you have come to get your bike back.

stirk

Burner
Might be worth trying a different line in and sending the photo and details to the police via a social media vehicle like the snap send solve app?

On closer inspection looks like Vicpol don't support it. Maybe https://www.crimestoppersvic.com.au/
Many Police LAC have a Facebook presence - they might take the post down but they are normally slower than their public audience at responding to Facebook that your post might get enough interest to make a difference.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Update

This is now being handled by a detective in Ballarat.

He seems to be more on top of it and followed up the rego. Had police interview the driver down indented head way.

It appears it was his son who stole it & the poor innocent dad did not really know what was going on but went along with it. Gotta feel sorry for the cops with some of the crap they must get.

Anyways the son is in Ballarat somewhere, wendouree west so bike could be still in this area.

Keep an eye out peeps.

moorey

call me Mia

He seems to be more on top of it and followed up the rego. Had police interview the driver down indented head way.

It appears it was his son who stole it & the poor innocent dad did not really know what was going on but went along with it. Gotta feel sorry for the cops with some of the crap they must get.

Anyways the son is in Ballarat somewhere, wendouree west so bike could be still in this area.

Keep an eye out peeps.
Bahaha...so the threats he made to the witness was actually because he is a ventriloquist dummy, and the sons hand was up his arse? Poor old flog.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Posting for kingshill who's just off to see the filth.
Details and pics to come. Stolen by a young kid out front of the local foodworks.
From memory:
2012 model. Gay blue
kashima fox 32's
white flows on dt 350's
1x10 xt drivetrain.

If you're around Ballarat and Buninyong, keep an eye out today, and further afield as the time passes. Kid looked too young to know what to do with it, so no idea what his plans are for it...prolly dump it in the bush unless he's flogging it for someone else, or his parents are chunts.

Thanks.
Bahaha...so the threats he made to the witness was actually because he is a ventriloquist dummy, and the sons hand was up his arse? Poor old flog.
Yes and apparently the witness was mean and nasty towards him too!!

Can you fix thread title to Ballarat?

Hipstar

Likes Dirt

Keep an eye out peeps.
I'm out in Wendouree (the good bit, not the west bit. I feel the need to point that out for some reason...) so I'll keep an eye out. I have to do a fly through of there if I get off at Wendouree station so I'm through there a bit.

Shouldn't be too hard to spot, it's worth more than a typical WW street full of cars.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
I'm out in Wendouree (the good bit, not the west bit. I feel the need to point that out for some reason...) so I'll keep an eye out. I have to do a fly through of there if I get off at Wendouree station so I'm through there a bit.

Shouldn't be too hard to spot, it's worth more than a typical WW street full of cars.
Thanks....

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
What do you suggest they should have done?
Considering the information provided to them, including a rather incriminating photo, perhaps some investigation?

That's what should have happened, unfortunately there are still a few in the force that really shouldn't be.