banner ad?..

Dane

Likes Dirt

seeing as this banner ad isn't asking me to enlarge my penis, i presume its not some pop-up or browser-hijack at my end.

i don't want to seem like an ungrateful little shit, because i realize how much effort goes into this site, but i'm just curious what the story is....

i like stories :D

S.

ex offender
There's this new phenomenon called "advertising", it's all the rage these days...

Dane

Likes Dirt
is the money going towards anything in particular, like running the site? or did the team finally decide its about time they got something (other than the pleasure of making farkin what it is today) for all their hard work.

-Dane

ps Socket that story sucked ass.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep it's obviously a new online bike store called For the Riders....
and IMO I think they may have also forgotten to hire a graphic designer to design their logo.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Farkin reached critical mass a while ago, which meant we had to seek some funding in order to keep it running. The days of farkin's no-advertising policy are over. It was great while it lasted, but now we have to accept our position and move ahead. As you can see we do support advertisers now, but in an unintrusive manner.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as long as the adverts are relevent, i'm cool with it. The stupid ads on ridemonkey piss me off.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
and before anyone cries popup, it isn't. At lower resolutions the does cover the main logo a bit, but that is the way I've scripted the site. This is to prevent having a horizontal scroll bar (which really suck). For ocau'ers, I did the exact same there.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im with kalem. Aslong as it's relevant and not yelling at me somehow i'm cool with it.
Even better, it keeps farkin goin.

_J_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey i just noticed it..... i think it's a cool ad. its not annoying or anything.
cool.. :eek:

parallax

Likes Dirt
Now that they have farkin.net advertising their site - hopefully they'll be able to expand their stock and get even more good products at even better prices.

I only hope that this doesn't turn into that episode of the simpsons, when the church is bought by Mr Burns and used as a giant advertising billboard.

danv

Likes Dirt
RE the site: looks very cheap, but VERY limited stock. Oh and they need to learn how to spell derailleur

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Hmm i just saw one for ashgrove cycles. I guess there a few that they have up.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Archi said:
is it just me, or does farkin not have an N any more :?
Must be your resolution, I am running 1024x768 on my LCD and the 'N' is not covered up.

And yeah, I guess I don't mind them that much, it's relevant and hopefully there will be more reviews etc, ;).

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think its fine as long as they dont pop up over the thread youre trying to read and are mtb ads its cool, farkin operators spend time on this forum so why shouldnt they have ads?
and the ads look pretty cool, the ashgrove cycles ad has a dude riding in a tux 8)