Banshee Paradox V3

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's getting you down with it? I can't seem to let go of my Remedy. Tried, can't. Considering an angleset for it...
Three things for me. Given I'm XL.
  1. Stack is a touch too low. And I have the forks at 170mm with 38mm riser bars and two spacers.
  2. STA is too slack because I'm tall and it's all legs so the seat post extension makes this more pronounced.
  3. Short rear centre. It's minor but it's 435mm and I'd prefer 450 or so.
It rides really well generally, but on some climbing it's not great (relative to the Prime) and on some decending the lower than ideal stack makes for some hairy moments.

It's really nice overall and I'm nitpicking but I'd prefer a longer travel 29".

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
  1. Stack is a touch too low. And I have the forks at 170mm with 38mm riser bars and two spacers.
  2. STA is too slack because I'm tall and it's all legs so the seat post extension makes this more pronounced.
  3. Short rear centre. It's minor but it's 435mm and I'd prefer 450 or so.

It rides really well generally, but on some climbing it's not great (relative to the Prime) and on some defending the lower than ideal stack makes for some hairy moments.

It's really nice overall and I'm nitpicking but I'd prefer a longer travel 29".

453 chainstays in neutral setting...... can take 180mm fork.
48E76694-821F-4533-B70F-53F131A361E3.jpeg

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

453 chainstays in neutral setting...... can take 180mm fork.
View attachment 371443
It really would be a full house then, the problem is I prefer the look of the V2 models over V3. It looks like a Giant Reign.

And I've no chance of a demo.
The HPP bikes are what's catching my attention right now.

The Deviate Highlander is stunning but the rear centre is not size specific (or long enough on XL) and the STA is ok but not quite where I want it. And they're two compromises I can't do anything about.

Forbidden seems to just spend their time releasing photos on Instagram instead of their long travel 29. Should have been December but they're delayed.

And in all honesty I'd prefer aluminium over carbon.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
  3. Short rear centre. It's minor but it's 435mm and I'd prefer 450 or so
Mines' an XL too but also pretty old now (2015). Also a 29er. Agree on the slack STA, combination with the active suspension design means it's not the best climber by modern standards.

Interestingly the 29er version doesn't even attempt to have short chainstays. They're 445mm.
Forbidden seems to just spend their time releasing photos on Instagram instead of their long travel 29. Should have been December but they're delayed.
Ugh

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It really would be a full house then, the problem is I prefer the look of the V2 models over V3. It looks like a Giant Reign.

And I've no chance of a demo.
The HPP bikes are what's catching my attention right now.

The Deviate Highlander is stunning but the rear centre is not size specific (or long enough on XL) and the STA is ok but not quite where I want it. And they're two compromises I can't do anything about.

And in all honesty I'd prefer aluminium over carbon.
Don't forget the chainstays on the Druids and Highlanders grow a heap at sag. From memory, they're roughly 12-15mm longer at sag.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If you’re ever in Canberra you’re welcome to have a go of mine. STA works well for me at 192cm.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't forget the chainstays on the Druids and Highlanders grow a heap at sag. From memory, they're roughly 12-15mm longer at sag.
That's interesting, I didn't know it was that much. I hear great things and it looks superb. If the STA was more in line with what I want I'd have it in the garage already. Still on the fence but it's $$$ if I don't like it.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you’re ever in Canberra you’re welcome to have a go of mine. STA works well for me at 192cm.
You're too kind. I'm in Melbourne so unlikely to make the run up there. Demos are so rare for XL too. They've a distributor in Rosebud apparently but only have large built up.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You're too kind. I'm in Melbourne so unlikely to make the run up there. Demos are so rare for XL too. They've a distributor in Rosebud apparently but only have large built up.
I'm 6'5" and had a brief go on a large Druid. It's (probably) big enough to get a decent feel for it imo - the elastic feel of the chain stays is pretty mental.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, what bike did you come off / try as a point of comparison? I know one can't judge a bike by one number so it'd be great to get your perspective. Thanks!