AM Banshee Prime V3

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd definitely be going straight to Banshee.
If company's are selling their warranty stock, that's no one's fault except them.

Banshee's are definitely not as bullet proof as their reputation suggests.

After the horror run with Pole and now this, what is your next victim @Wake Jake?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Banshee were slow to respond to my frame supplier (BansheeNZ) but once they did it was relatively painless (apart from DHL trying to get import tax out of me) but I had to take a black frame as no raw were available. I would definitely email Banshee direct to kickstart them. Shouldn't be an issue for them to ship it to you direct.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I have just sent an email to again request a refund without delay. Expressing that 3 weeks without any progress is not good enough. I can only go through the seller for a refund not an importer or distributer.
Pole first now MTBDirect next it could be Privateer but their CS has been great so far.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
To sum up a big week of emails.
  • emailed Keith at Banshee, said he had no contact form MTBdirect
  • Sent MTBdirect a very unhappy email
  • MTBdirect were apparently dealing Jay at Banshee
  • MTBdirect have ignored 3x refund requests
  • Banshee wanting to take over warranty progress (benefits MTBdirect)
  • Banshee offered a Rune frame(no primes until September at best) for me to sell
  • Declined. New offer is any frame of my choice with shock

Decision now to make is take a different model frame, wait for a Prime or fight MTBdirect for refund.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
  • Banshee offered a Rune frame(no primes until September at best) for me to sell
Decision now to make is take a different model frame, wait for a Prime or fight MTBdirect for refund.
Sound like it’s been shit dealing with mtb direct but that’s a great response from Banshee. Are you tempted to try a Titan?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Do you need the $$ or want a different frame?
If not...
Titan all day!
They offer the Titan with an EXT coil in Europe so I'd even be trying for that too.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Agree that's a good response from Banshee. Glad to hear given I just got one.

MtbDirect seem like they are delaying until you do something else, which (sad to say) is probably not worth it unless you really want to fight it for moral reasons.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MTBD really have wet the bed on that one.

If I needed the $$$ I'd argue with them but you might be waiting some time. It really depends on what role the Prime was filling in your line up and whether it's still open.

Neither the Rune nor the Titan are all rounder bikes. Phantom? Or if you can wait it out, hold for a Prime.

A long as none of the V3 models are going to fail in the same spot again.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Given the current banshee prices vs what these were going for from MTBDirect, choosing a new frame then selling to reinvest will have you come out on top..

Doesn't help if you just want a new prime though.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While I'm sad that the Banshee is dead and your warranty experience isn't great I think we are overlooking the big question here.
You always have great bikes so the real question is, what did you buy?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
While I'm sad that the Banshee is dead and your warranty experience isn't great I think we are overlooking the big question here.
You always have great bikes so the real question is, what did you buy?
After all of this it has to be a Nicolai

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Lead times are all maybes at the moment and still waiting confirmation from Jay at Banshee on colour options.

Replacement frame is a Privateer 141 w/ a CC DB Kitsuma which is a little longer/aggressive. Test rode one and it is unbelievably quick and capable.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've taken 4 enquiries for new Banshee frames in the last two weeks.. Sucks that I can't get my hands on frames due to stock :(

I better check my Titan out, see if it's starting to crack like yours has. Hope not. But lately it's been making a noise from around the BB area and I originally thought it was the BB or the chainring interface.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've taken 4 enquiries for new Banshee frames in the last two weeks.. Sucks that I can't get my hands on frames due to stock :(

I better check my Titan out, see if it's starting to crack like yours has. Hope not. But lately it's been making a noise from around the BB area and I originally thought it was the BB or the chainring interface.
If anyone is after a as new black 2020 Rune V2 xl (I think it was the last in the country) send them my way.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk