AM Banshee Prime V3

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Hi Wake, how are those TyreInvader inserts? I'm looking at inserts at the moment and I saw a video of them and they look pretty decent and suitably light.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have heard of a few cracked Banshees, doesn't help you and particularly with the whole Pole saga!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Surprised and sorry to hear that. Trying to warranty a frame in this environment must be testing.

Any ideas on how this has happened?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Surprised and sorry to hear that. Trying to warranty a frame in this environment must be testing.

Any ideas on how this has happened?
Couldn't be a quick turnaround in this climate I'd imagine.

Engineer at work from the photo diagnosed it as stress crack, occuring at point of weld to base material.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I thought v3 models had 4yrs now? But hopefully will sort you out anyway.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Interesting it has cracked somewhere they changed the design significantly from previous models, provided I can read your explanation properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I appreciate supply is difficult with the covid situation globally, but either they should find a replacement frame or refund the money.

And ideally not take almost a month to figure it out.
They don't know your situation. It could be your only bike, peak riding season and you've an event to use it for.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I appreciate supply is difficult with the covid situation globally, but either they should find a replacement frame or refund the money.

And ideally not take almost a month to figure it out.
They don't know your situation. It could be your only bike, peak riding season and you've an event to use it for.
I have made this known already and requested a refund which got ignored by MTBdirect. I already have a new frame on order. The only communication I've had is that they apparently haven't had a response from Banshee yet.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I have made this known already and requested a refund which got ignored by MTBdirect. I already have a new frame on order. The only communication I've had is that they apparently haven't had a response from Banshee yet.
Can you just contact Banshee? I know it’s the responsibility of MTB direct but I often go straight to the manufacturer and they light a fire under the local distro

Edit: @Boom King beat me to it…

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're very polite. As my dad used to say in situations like this, "Have you had any problems with the money?"
If I'd paid by credit card, I'd charge back. And ACL should come to your rescue, clearly it's not durable.

Law > warranty.

Although it's a PItA getting retailers to own the problem.

Minlak

custom titis
Ok cracked frame cannot be easily repaired or quickly - Under ACL it is your choice on what you want - repair / replace / refund so you are 100% entitled to a refund no matter what - ACCC says you only have to go back to the seller but it does not limit you to only going to the seller. 1st step is call someone and ask for the refund - if they insist on getting back to you insist on a time frame for this communication and then send them an email with read receipts outlining the conversation. If they do not get back to you at the specified time frame send a letter of demand that can be tracked (email with read receipt isn't always the best as you can choose not to send read receipts on opening) as received explaining you will be lodging a formal complaint with the ACCC and starting smalls claims proceedings to recover the money.

See this is why most people don't bother as there is no one to help the consumer except the consumer.