Bargain buys thread

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure about the freehub. I went through one about 4 months into ownership. Granted CRC were excellent in collecting the wheel and sending out a new one. I'm 100kgs riding and they're plenty stiff enough, and mine are 29". The freehub make a decent sound too.

For the money they're good enough but I see a different wheelset in my future. These can join the spares. Not interested in carbon as I just end up worrying about cracking them.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Not sure about the freehub. I went through one about 4 months into ownership. Granted CRC were excellent in collecting the wheel and sending out a new one. I'm 100kgs riding and they're plenty stiff enough, and mine are 29". The freehub make a decent sound too.

For the money they're good enough but I see a different wheelset in my future. These can join the spares. Not interested in carbon as I just end up worrying about cracking them.
CRC keep saying they've sorted the fub issues in the Q&A section. If so they're a good buy I reckon for the price

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CRC keep saying they've sorted the fub issues in the Q&A section. If so they're a good buy I reckon for the price
Mine was just before / over Xmas 2018 so the hubs are not 100% yet. Granted everything at some point will break, and they were excellent in resolving the issue quickly.