Bargain buys thread

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered some "Dharco" jerseys, because hey, could always do with another light jersey that will inevitably have holes torn in it.

Little curious to compare quality with the originals... when/if they show up.
I ordered one recently too. One ride into it and the strap from my Henty backpack has made some abrasion marks on the waist. Didn't happen to my Pearl Izumi top.

Looks nice and distinctive, can't say I expect it to last long.

Edit - mine is actually Dharco, bought from the official site, not Ali Express. Stuff I've bought from there in the past has actually been ok. I haven't done so for years though.

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ordered one recently too. One ride into it and the strap from my Henry backpack has made some abrasion marks on the waist. Didn't happen to my Pearl Izumi top.

Looks nice and distinctive, can't say I expect it to last long.
Mm. Wait and see I guess. If it's anything like the sunglasses i've bought, can be very hit and miss. I have one pair of fake Oakley Sutros that might as well be the real thing and are damned good, but also have another couple pairs that are honestly just garbage (yet were the same price as previously mentioned excellent pair).

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Mm. Wait and see I guess. If it's anything like the sunglasses i've bought, can be very hit and miss. I have one pair of fake Oakley Sutros that might as well be the real thing and are damned good, but also have another couple pairs that are honestly just garbage (yet were the same price as previously mentioned excellent pair).
were they from the same seller?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I am assuming by the price, hand stitched by glovesmiths in some concrete cancer ridden hellhole in downtown Bangladesh!
I'm thinking the same. The lines between genuine and the cheap knock offs blur to a point that it doesn't matter.

I have some knock off TLDs and they have lasted much longer than their price tag suggests.

moorey

call me Mia
Sweat shops are like pharma companies, they supply both branded and generic brands.
But is it like Payless dishwashing liquid v a name brand? I know a supermarket doesn’t have their own factory for making the stuff, but it’s utter shite, and needs so much to work, it’s cheaper buying a name brand.

safreek

No idea on set-up, super t is about all I remember on it. Oh, and the ride up the hill from Lismore to Goonellabah. I remember the humiliation of pushing it half the way.
In all honesty at that stage I probably could not have done it on a roadie

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
It’s sales time and though there’s not a whole lot stock around I reckon the following combo wouLtd make a pretty sweet build for about $2,850 for frame, shock, fork and wheels. Then just add your own bits and pieces...
Nukeproof mega https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...-alloy-mountain-bike-frame-2019/rp-prod197555
Nukeproof wheels https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/nukeproof-horizon-v2-29-boost-pair-with-ard/rp-prod202473
durolux fork with fall2020 discount (comes to $640 AUD delivered) https://www.srsuntour.us/products/durolux-boost-rc2-15qlc-44mm-29-27-5?variant=27899439677534

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
But is it like Payless dishwashing liquid v a name brand? I know a supermarket doesn’t have their own factory for making the stuff, but it’s utter shite, and needs so much to work, it’s cheaper buying a name brand.
Maybe ask someone else nicely to wash the dishes for you. Problem solved.

I'll get onto peace in the Middle East next since Don won't be up for it any more.