Bargain buys thread

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
View attachment 378410
I don't know what these are...but I want them..
They are an old school 26" fork made by AMP Research back in the day.
Came stock on the AMP bikes (unsurprisingly) as well as a few other brands, like Mongoose.
The AMP bikes were uber cool and still are...but Personally, I prefer the newer version, that Mongoose grabbed and used on their Amplifier model.

Attachments

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
All bargains are relative, and these aren't a bargain, but these are nice and could be good for anyone doing a mid-school/retro build. @heavyp ?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
But $450? Old Saint are a terrible hub. They came on my 04 RMX.
Yeah as above, you contrarian bastard. All bargains are relative... Not a "bargain" but not crazy $ if they tick a box when there's less and less decent quality/condition 26" stuff around. Tried to find some nice 721s for my DJ bike last year and it was impossible.

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
this popped up in one of my ebay keyword shortlists

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did anyone on here manage to snag this? Even if it the frame was toast, worth the $80 to organise your filing…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bloody hell. Without paint they look the result from a year 12 welding course. Wait. WITH paint they look like the result from a year 12 welding course…. You could imagine some greasy kid in an Iron Maiden T-shirt. “Ima make me a bike for my test”!
How can something be so ugly but so cool at the same time? This is a bike version of Tom Waites or Charles Bukowski.