Bargain buys thread

cameron_15

Eats Squid
23% off enduro wide wheelset and extra £50 (approx $75) off first order from hunt wheels got a set for $650 delivered

also half price kortal and kortal race mips helmets at POC site sale.

https://au.pocsports.com/collections/outlet?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Archive Sale - 1 - May 2023&utm_id=01H04ZASKVZABBHJ1CF7FHPKAV&utm_term=EXPLORE THE ARCHIVE SALE&_kx=-7zY9ZGrQ2WJmN2ct5FAVaG0cvoU1_vMfRbZc6baoQk=.ScxQFC
Thoughts on Hunt wheels vs Nukeproof Horizon V2's?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Probably very similar. I had a set of Hunts for a while and they were good. I had Enduro wide out back and Trail wide up front that was fine for me and my riding. Customer Service was very good. Can’t comment on Nukeproof but essentially neither of them develop their own wheels or wheel parts - they spec a hub from here and a rim from there. The Hunts I had were higher end novatech hubs and cant recall the factory that pumped out the rim bit it’s a catalogue item.

The thing I liked about Hunt was that they delivered the wheels well built with a checklist to show they had checked tension, dish etc, etc. I also checked myself and they were good. Had an issue because I chose the wrong back wheel for the terrain i ride (bought Trail wide for out back but realised I needed something burlier) and they lived up to their marketing re a trial period and sent me a replacement Enduro wide instead. I was really impressed by that.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Both the same really .Hunt wheels are rebadged novatec hubs and kinlin rims. Nukeproof horizon wheels run novatec hubs, not sure on who does their rims.
I guess choose a set that is either cheaper or has a rim width to match what riding ur doing. Also factor in if you want warranty support etc.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Did you go 38mm of 36mm?

The 36 forks are very good I find, and I heard the 38s are for heavier/ harder riders so can be a bit firm in damping..

I'd certainly like to try them.
They're a great deal either way.
I went with the 36mm.

I saw the same thing and haven't had issues with 36 in the past, so went there again.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Both the same really .Hunt wheels are rebadged novatec hubs and kinlin rims. Nukeproof horizon wheels run novatec hubs, not sure on who does their rims.
I guess choose a set that is either cheaper or has a rim width to match what riding ur doing. Also factor in if you want warranty support etc.
The Nukeproof have a KWT rebadged 102t rear hub. This is the same as the Funn Fantom and Spank Hex. This is definitely the best value rear hub going around. It also means that end caps are very easy to source.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Nukeproof have a KWT rebadged 102t rear hub. This is the same as the Funn Fantom and Spank Hex. This is definitely the best value rear hub going around. It also means that end caps are very easy to source.

Yes, can confirm the Nukeproofs are the same as Spank Hex. Rims are not great but good hubs, many thousands of kms hard abuse and my son didn't break them. High POE too

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Having owned both I can say that they're both strong, with the Hunt being 150g lighter and a lot quieter than the Horizon v2 hub. Both offer excellent engagement. The Hunt wheels came with spare spokes, but the Horizons came with a nicer box.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.

Good to know. Must’ve been horizon v1 with the novatec
I think now that frame / fork widths have stabilised a dt or hope hub will always be better value in the Long run anyway

Jabubu

let you google that for me
They said the code would be valid for a few days after Crankworx.

Those Race Face Atlas pedals look really nice but longer replacement pins for my Deftraps are cheaper :p