Bargain buys thread

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
M8000 brakset from Merlin for 184 when you put them in your basket. (in fact it looks like a range of M8000 and M7000 parts all get a 12.5% discount at the check out)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
M8000 brakset from Merlin for 184 when you put them in your basket. (in fact it looks like a range of M8000 and M7000 parts all get a 12.5% discount at the check out)
Thats a good deal, but it seems that the m8000/7000 aren't as reliable or consistent as the m785/675. Which is bizarre when you consider how freaking good the m755s were 15 years ago.

Its like they are regressing and hoping the old guys (ie the guys with the money and the reviewers) won't notice. Don't even mention Avid.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats a good deal, but it seems that the m8000/7000 aren't as reliable or consistent as the m785/675. Which is bizarre when you consider how freaking good the m755s were 15 years ago.

Its like they are regressing and hoping the old guys (ie the guys with the money and the reviewers) won't notice. Don't even mention Avid.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
You're not wrong about the M755, I transplanted mine onto a new DH bike last year (with some servo wave levers). Still getting shimano pads for them with every CRC order i put in too. Unless someone can point me in the direction of a brake that has a similar lever feel to shimanos then I guess I'm going to guinea pig these and take it from there.