Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
I thought GST was factored in, just a shipping charge? May be wrong...
I am only going on what my mate at LBS told me. Customer was looking at a Sam in store, went for the Strive to save a few bucks, ended up paying substantially more. Interested if anyone can confirm about gst and duty. Would be a nasty surprise.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GST is included in sale price so there should be no duty paid for the bike when it is shipped into the country.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you saying that from experience?
I have one on a short list of bikes to purchase, GST is quoted on the purchase prices on the website and they state that you will not need to pay GST. Plenty of anecdotal evidence around confirming this also.

Z

Zaf

I'm under the impression you have to add GST...and import duty to the listed canyon prices. Local guy ordered a complete alu au$4k canyon, ended up closer to $5k landed. So I was told. Shipping was $400, not $200 (just frame^?)
That's incorrect. You pay postage only, the sticker price includes all stamp duty and import taxes.

For reference of how I know this.

moorey

call me Mia
Im going with typical retail shop scare mongering. Make up a negative story spread it and hope that people are stupid....
No, not these guys. I suspect now that he bought before there was official online sale of these, and he ordered privately, not factoring in the extras.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, not these guys. I suspect now that he bought before there was official online sale of these, and he ordered privately, not factoring in the extras.
Furry muff - that makes sense...

The world is so full of fuckwits I just tend to think everyone is one...