Bargain buys thread

peanut

Likes Dirt
That's bullshit heavy
well i did use the highly scientific bathroom scales weight measuring technique :p, but she was certainly up there in the heft department.
I estimated if i dropped the tubes, changed the sx drivetrain to gx, changed the stock wheels to something under 2kgs, changed the deore 4 pot brakes, i would have dropped close to 1kg out of it...but would have dropped a fair bit of coin to do it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Osmium? An Osmium based sticker kit could well add 2kg. Reckon you're onto something.

Insider tip: If you own a current Norco dermal/inhalation exposure at room temperature should be avoided
Osmium is too brittle for the curves and flex of a MTB frame. I believe they are using lead for that soft malleable vibe.

moorey

call me Mia
My C2 with XTR rear cassette, light bar/stem and exo+ rubber is 15.5kg in large.
That’s a big difference...but still a KG heavier than it should be. None of my Alloy 150/160mm bikes weigh that. None have any carbon and aren’t weenie builds. Felix’s enduro bike is close, but it’s closer to a DH build than an enduro bike, and the Process is a bloody heavy frame.

moorey

call me Mia
^^^ Second that, I picked one up cheap from MTB direct and I'm really happy with it. Easy to just keep packed and good for just tube, pump and lever on short rides but put in the bladder and food and perfect for 100km.
Comfort second to none. Takes all the weight off the back of this old boomer, and feels better ventilated.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep. Good buying. Probably bought on sale like Felix's set from Wiggle last year at 50% off sale ($330 the set shipped) and passing on the savings. Tyres are a bonus.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
That’s a big difference...but still a KG heavier than it should be. None of my Alloy 150/160mm bikes weigh that. None have any carbon and aren’t weenie builds. Felix’s enduro bike is close, but it’s closer to a DH build than an enduro bike, and the Process is a bloody heavy frame.
The difference between a carbon and alloy frame is typically 500gms at most.
Norco just spec porky bikes, though in the past the quality has been OK for a SRAM built bike.

deano

Likes Dirt
According to this they are 4.6kg and 3.8kg with shock for alloy and carbon frames respectively, that's just a heavy (strong?) frame. I thought weight didn't matter anymore though?

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Comfort second to none. Takes all the weight off the back of this old boomer, and feels better ventilated.
Ok boomer, it is official now. The Henty pack does look good and having some support around the waist has to be good thing.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Just checked the wife's Sight C2 which is now a couple of years old, and the rear triangle is alloy so that will and weight back in against a "full" carbon frame

moorey

call me Mia
Just checked the wife's Sight C2 which is now a couple of years old, and the rear triangle is alloy so that will and weight back in against a "full" carbon frame
I doubt any lighter. The carbon norco’s I load on the shuttle trailer don’t feel lighter than the equivalent alloy ones.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I doubt any lighter. The carbon norco’s I load on the shuttle trailer don’t feel lighter than the equivalent alloy ones.
Not defending Norco, but being a smaller company I think they have gone down the path of over-engineering frames to avoid excessive numbers of frame replacements. An example of under engineering would be the number of anthem frames Giant had to replace going back a couple of years. For a smaller company that would have sent them under.