Bargain buys thread

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
4psi was that the fat bike? How could you tell you had a flat? ha ha. I use to pump up to 10psi on the fatty then just let air out until it was soaking up the bumps and no longer bouncing me off the bike. Never know how low I got.
Yarp. I did that once on the beach, rode one way at low tide on full pressure and then dumped heaps to come back at high tide. Pretty much had nuffink in the rear and killed the tyre.

Lso. Wot ozzy sayeth.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yarp. I did that once on the beach, rode one way at low tide on full pressure and then dumped heaps to come back at high tide. Pretty much had nuffink in the rear and killed the tyre.

Lso. Wot ozzy sayeth.
These are the two current standards for mechanical gauges ( free from pump):
-https://www.commutercycles.com.au/shop/meiser-accu-gauge-presta-valve-dial-gauge-with-pressure-relief/

-https://www.leadoutsports.com.au/efficient-velo-bleedin-gauge

there is a significant difference in price, the second is used at WC for cyclo-cross in particular.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
99 bikes is part of “the pedal group”. founder Matt Turner, his father Graham was a co-founder and is MD of flight centre. Flight centre bought into 99 bikes to fund the purchase of advanced traders and took 99 bikes from a retailer, to be vertically integrated retail and wholesale and became known as “the pedal group”

Flight centre is publicly listed, so info is in the public domain. Flight Centre owns half of the Pedal Group, with other main shareholders being Graham Turner (22.5 per cent), Matt Turner (15.85 per cent) and employees the remainder.

Pushy’s sold a slice of the business last year to CPE Capital. CPE has funded the acquisition of Bike Bug.

Some great success stories here. You’re doing the right thing when private equity buys in a minority share to be part of the growth.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
99 bikes is part of “the pedal group”. founder Matt Turner, his father Graham was a co-founder and is MD of flight centre. Flight centre bought into 99 bikes to fund the purchase of advanced traders and took 99 bikes from a retailer, to be vertically integrated retail and wholesale and became known as “the pedal group”

Flight centre is publicly listed, so info is in the public domain. Flight Centre owns half of the Pedal Group, with other main shareholders being Graham Turner (22.5 per cent), Matt Turner (15.85 per cent) and employees the remainder.

Pushy’s sold a slice of the business last year to CPE Capital. CPE has funded the acquisition of Bike Bug.

Some great success stories here. You’re doing the right thing when private equity buys in a minority share to be part of the growth.
Skroo is very switched on, nice bloke to have a quiet wine with.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Skroo is very switched on, nice bloke to have a quiet wine with.
I’ve seen him a couple of times up the coast. Was riding down to the Peregian shops on what I believe was a modest old Merida 26er.

He used to ride the Epic (may still do) and give presentations at the end.

Must be pretty down to earth given his (presumed) wealth.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I’ve seen him a couple of times up the coast. Was riding down to the Peregian shops on what I believe was a modest old Merida 26er.

He used to ride the Epic (may still do) and give presentations at the end.

Must be pretty down to earth given his (presumed) wealth.
Pretty sure he was at this years? I didn't see him at the back of the pack where I was riding though....

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I prefer these to all the other brakes I've tried, including hopes. I grabbed a set to replace some cura 4's. I like the lever feel, a bit more like Shimano imo.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I prefer these to all the other brakes I've tried, including hopes. I grabbed a set to replace some cura 4's. I like the lever feel, a bit more like Shimano imo.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk
Cheers. Love the Hope feel just a tad more power which the new ones look to solve. Will read some reviews of the Dominions.