Bargain buys thread

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
DB Kitsuma coil $750

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Will Fox Australia warranty forks bought from CRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, but CRC will. I have found CRC to usually be faster and better at warranty than local dealers. I would say that about almost every overseas retailer I have used.

Anyone got any experience on the Z2? The few mainstream reviews are glowing and MTBR has bushing issues but real world thoughts would be nice.
We have a coupe bikes running them, a kids hard tail and on a custom Status 140. It's a great fork, very easy to setup, just as easy to service (including the damper). You don't have all the adjustments of a grip 2 or charger 2.1,but the damper has a good all round tune. Rides well for a fork at its retail price. For the discount price, we'll it's a bananas value proposition.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Anyone got any experience on the Z2? The few mainstream reviews are glowing and MTBR has bushing issues but real world thoughts would be nice.
For that price its a no brainer.

I've been running a set on the hardtail for nearly 4000kms. I would say there is a small amount of slop in the bushings on mine. One thing I would recommend doing pretty quickly is dropping the lowers and putting in foam rings and fresh oil. Stock they run no foamies.

OK Planet Cyclery in the USA have some great prices on some lXS knee and elbow pads for this weekend. Prices are USD

iXS Carve Evo+ Knee Pads
$43 to $59 (not on sale but a good price)

iXS Flow Evo+ Knee Pads
$45

iXS Flow Evo+ Elbow Pads
$49

Depending on your size requirements, the savings can be substantial. A few of the sizes are on sale at mtbdirect .

I just picked up iXS Carve Evo+ Knee Pads (XL) and iXS Flow Evo+ Elbow Pads (M) shipped to my MyUS.com address for $110 UDS, so around $165 AUD. The same 2 items in the cart at Mtbdirect is $350 AUD.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They ain’t going to be better than Cyclinic, surely.
Unfortunately I have almost as much experience with warranty as I do insurance. Cyclinic were very good when I had a problem arising from their work, but they never really solved the problem and we both just gave up. Recent service by a local business identified and solved the issue. No idea how they would handle a product related issue.

CRC (and a lot of other overseas retailers) generally resolve my warranty related issues within a week.

I recently had a snowboard destroy itself only a few weeks into the season. That warranty claim started in January wasn't resolved until May. Sure I don't need a powder board anytime soon, but I would have liked to have it resolved within the season. That was a large Australian retailer. To the fault of the brand - they are global and should have been able to offer a replacement or similar via a retailer in Japan within a few days. Global brands need global solutions.