Bargain buys thread

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Popped round to a friend's house to see his wife's new bike -

Specialized Epic Evo -

Carbon fibre frame
Reba forks and NX drivetrain

Was $5,700, got it for $3,199 + $150 voucher which she put towards a set of fabric 2FO Roost shoes (great choice!)

It's a lovely purple/grape colour, looks the business!

8fa84630-d469-4c39-b45e-d6bb30221392.jpg

Jabubu

Some of those sale prices are pretty nuts. I was really tempted despite having no need for one whatsoever.
The Stumpjumper Evos are a bit of a bargain actually. If I was buying a bike today I'd be mighty tempted by the Stumpjumper Evo Comp (carbon).

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Summit are offering Z1s for $599. I guess the $50 difference from Johnny Sprockets is the inner-melbourne tax...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
OMG, has my Spectral 29 been reclassified to a downchunty bike? I better buy a 180/170 next time just to be sure..
Hmmm.. 120mm Evo Spech is not a Canyon :rolleyes:

You'll be on an ebike next, I can see the signs.

First denial, second frequenting the eeb pages and bagging stuff out, third posting stuff about new eebs.

Jabubu

Hmmm.. 120mm Evo Spech is not a Canyon :rolleyes:

You'll be on an ebike next, I can see the signs.

First denial, second frequenting the eeb pages and bagging stuff out, third posting stuff about new eebs.
Um, you have the Epic Evo and the Stumpjumper Evo confused...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Um, you have the Epic Evo and the Stumpjumper Evo confused...
Hmmm... I dont think so. 2 really good mates of mine ride S-Works Epic Evo's (probably the most expensive regular bikes I've ever seen) 110m rear, 120mm front, 66.5° HA... right plonk in the middle of DWNCHUNTY ;)

Jabubu

Hmmm... I dont think so. 2 really good mates of mine ride S-Works Epic Evo's (probably the most expensive regular bikes I've ever seen) 110m rear, 120mm front, 66.5° HA... right plonk in the middle of DWNCHUNTY ;)
So why are you going on about downchunty bikes when I said I'd have been tempted by a Stumpjumper Evo? I'm confused..