Bargain buys thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oh come on! If a business (one that is 99% on line customer interface at that!) is plugging a big sale, surely they should have the details on their website?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Their carbon framed bb areas are shithouse. Alloy seems to be a lot tougher though.
Whereas the alloy frames crack at the shock mount, headtube and swingarm.

2 of the frames numbnutts broke were cracked in 2 places at the shock mount. It was only visible when I cut the frame because of the original headtube crack.

He failed to break the carbon frame but yes, the carbon BB shell was dodgy as fark.

20210925_164344.jpg

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Whereas the alloy frames crack at the shock mount, headtube and swingarm.

2 of the frames numbnutts broke were cracked in 2 places at the shock mount. It was only visible when I cut the frame because of the original headtube crack.

He failed to break the carbon frame but yes, the carbon BB shell was dodgy as fark.

View attachment 402834
Are they the models with the integrated seat post binder or my year? I know the older alloy ones suffered from cracked seat stays.

ozzybmx

Are they the models with the integrated seat post binder or my year? I know the older alloy ones suffered from cracked seat stays.
All integrated, he started with a red frame, broke the front tri, got a black alu complete frame, broke the black front, then a carbon front triangle, broke the black rear then we painted the red rear which he broke in a week, then another new rear 'new version' tri.

In all he broke 2 fronts and 3 rears. Ended up selling a carbon 22 frame with a 22 alu rear tri. Canyon definitely looked after us.

ozzybmx

Give yours a good look over @Jabubu, the cracks are not obvious unless you give it a really good looking at.

Check the headtube welds as well as the swing arm bend just before the BB.

Not that they haven't sorted the issue by now but better to know than not.

My boy was only 55kg when he was doing this but he was landing 90° whips sideways and dropping out of the air to dubious landers with zero finesse.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Give yours a good look over @Jabubu, the cracks are not obvious unless you give it a really good looking at.

My boy was only 55kg when he was doing this but he was landing 90° whips sideways and dropping out of the air to dubious landers with zero finesse.
@pink poodle says @Jabubu would've found any cracks if was inspecting his bearings properly.

Jabubu

I do in fact check it every so often, particularly the shock mount and bottom bracket junction. I haven't seen anything yet!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle says @Jabubu would've found any cracks if was inspecting his bearings properly.
Hey! This does highlight the importance of regular and thorough maintenance. Regular checking and replacing of the bearings is one way to ensure you are riding 26 inch wheels still.

I do in fact check it every so often, particularly the shock mount and bottom bracket junction. I haven't seen anything yet!
Yeah well there is checking and there is inspecting...

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Not a big % bargain, but more general PSA for a well priced LBS in the city.

Any Sydney CBD peeps should know ccache.cc now has a retail store on Carrington St right near Wynyard station/bus stops.

Plenty of spares and consumables. I grabbed some Park Tool carbon paste today for the same online price as Pushys and ccache itself (23.99).

Jabubu

Not a big % bargain, but more general PSA for a well priced LBS in the city.

Any Sydney CBD peeps should know ccache.cc now has a retail store on Carrington St right near Wynyard station/bus stops.

Plenty of spares and consumables. I grabbed some Park Tool carbon paste today for the same online price as Pushys and ccache itself (23.99).
I've bought a some chains and a bottom bracket from there, good prices and good delivery time.

Shimano MT801 BSA BB for $32 - happy days!

Pushys/Bikebug don't seem to stock them any more.