Bargain buys thread

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
They may all have been Japanese imports, we had so many Jap Import car yards in Ireland back in the 90's.
In Australia we got 800 official STi models of the first generation, 400 coupes then 400 sedans. Sold for about $60k each at the time and did not last long. UK never got official imports of STis, but you guys did get all the super cool shit like the Prodrive P1s

rstim

Likes Dirt
In Australia we got 800 official STi models of the first generation, 400 coupes then 400 sedans. Sold for about $60k each at the time and did not last long. UK never got official imports of STis, but you guys did get all the super cool shit like the Prodrive P1s
There were only 399 of the coupes. I remember reading a story that 1 somehow fell in the water at the dock when they unloaded into Australia.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
There were only 399 of the coupes. I remember reading a story that 1 somehow fell in the water at the dock when they unloaded into Australia.
There would have been a few more brought in as imports, there was a place on NE Road here in Adelaide that sold imported Slivias, GTO's, 200SX, 240SX etc.. must have been a few Subies brought in too.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
399 coupes. One fell of the boat at the port on delivery.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Can’t be any worse than that dude that put water in his mtb forks. I can’t seem to find the tread but it will always be the best one on here.
Took hydro to the hilt. MTB forks don't have any electrics, would still have been a salvageable car with a bit of work, dash and electrics would need replacing and a bit of patience drying the interior out.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
I hate to think how old you are now...cause I remember that.
:eek: the internets remembers :) (ed: and we've all done questionable things....)

Last edited: