Bashie fitting help please....

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok....not as such...but still need some help.

I decided it would be a good idea to cut my old truvative bashie in half, it looks sweet and all.
Unfortunatly I've realised that the two spider bolts where there is no bashie anymore the two nuts are far to long to have a good grip on the chain ring/spider.

Is there like a accepted way to fix this? Or will I need to use a bajillion washers? Or Should I just put my E-13 back on?

Ta.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would say your best bet is to use an E-13, as they are best anyway :rolleyes:

Butif what you have done is what I think you have, using a stack of washers the width of your bashy should work equally aswell

Or even a piece of metal pipe cut to the propper width.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Or just buy normal sized/shorter nut and bolt things. if you are using a poly style bashguard they have super long bolts.. compared to a usual 3 ring set up.. but since you also are not using the big ring, you will need 1-2 washers any way. (i think)

and also you havn't fucked your bike.. i was really hoping for somthing like you were riding and you locked your bike to a pole, you then dropped the key in a volcano, so you where bolt cutting the chain off the bike but slipped and cut your chain stay in half.

EDIT: i was beaten to it ..twice.. this took me 15 minutes to post i typed it out 5 times as IE wouldnt let me submit it.

Last edited:

takai

Eats Squid
As said shorter bolts, cost about $2 from your LBS

Along with sawtell i was expecting to see something like this:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
...IE wouldnt let me submit it.
Get firefox ;)

If you can get your hands on some track ring bolts (for a single chainring) or if you have some shorter chainring bolts lying around use them with a couple of washers. If you have neither and are lacking money like me I can send you one of two things:
1. some spacers for chainring bolts that I have never used and acquired when I bought a set of cranks once;
2. shorter bolts that seem to have accumulated in my repair kit over the years.

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys

I was so flusterd I forgot about my old XC bike in the corner of my shed.

It's chainring bolts will do nicely.

Thanks a lot.