beautiful bikes - post them here

Ivan

Eats Squid
No I'm not trying to speak for the entire "cycling community" but their buying preferences make it clear what they're into.

Yep I've heard of each to their own and politically speaking I'm a little 'l' liberal, but that also means that I reserve the right to tell someone their long on vanity and bullshit; and short on reason.
Well, for starters it's a thread for beautiful bikes, not most versatile or functional.

I don't own a rigid SS featherlight 29er , and probably never will, but I do however find the clean lines and simplicity of bikes of that style very beautiful.

No ones telling you this is what you should be riding or buying, we're just admiring their beauty.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does Justin Fox have a job or does he just spend his days posting beautiful bikes?
It is his job.
HAHA. Nah I don't have a job. Someone once said to me "J.O.B. stands for Just Over Broke. Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life". It's kinda stuck... I'm shit with finances but my girl's pretty good with the money and she's slowly but surely helping me with that side of life (slowly but surely owning me lol).

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Well, for starters it's a thread for beautiful bikes, not most versatile or functional.

I don't own a rigid SS featherlight 29er , and probably never will, but I do however find the clean lines and simplicity of bikes of that style very beautiful.

No ones telling you this is what you should be riding or buying, we're just admiring their beauty.
Yeah I get that.

I was just making the point that the Zion wasn't even that beautiful, it was just a trendy bike an I find that all too often people mistake the two.

Last edited:

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
I swear that bike looked like it had another one behind it because of that funny top tube.

alexb618

Likes Dirt
people with singlespeeds and street fixies seem to spend a lot of time cleaning and taking pics of their bikes for the internet rather than riding them :confused:

Dicky

Punter God
people with singlespeeds and street fixies seem to spend a lot of time cleaning and taking pics of their bikes for the internet rather than riding them :confused:
I'd sig that, if I sigged things.

I don't think I've even said that before.

Oddjob

I'd sig that, if I sigged things.

I don't think I've even said that before.
Brilliant idea!

That thing looks brutal. Is it the Foes answer to the Socom FRO?

It's not exactly Giselle Bundchen but the beauty is in the details. I love all the motorbike engineering features that have bee packed into that bike:
  • single swingarm
  • spaceframe chassis
  • integrated drive shaft and gearbox
The shape even reminds me of my D8.

treggs

Treggs Tuned
It's not exactly Giselle Bundchen but the beauty is in the details. I love all the motorbike engineering features that have bee packed into that bike:
  • single swingarm
  • spaceframe chassis
  • integrated drive shaft and gearbox
The shape even reminds me of my D8.
I agree. A very nice piece of engineering. Perhaps just a little more refinement but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe that's true but I don't think there's anything wrong with it?

Bikes as art. It's a good thing. You need extremists in this world. Take Greenpeace for example. I sure as hell am not about to chain myself up to a bulldozer, or whaling boat but hey... I'm glad someone out there does do it. Do I diss them for it? Nah.

Same goes for rich people with European Super Cars. Do I diss them for only driving their Ferarri's on the weekend for coffee when it really should be driven hard at the race track? No, each to their own.

There's little point in being a hater, it only reflrects badly on yourself. :)

Oddjob

Maybe that's true but I don't think there's anything wrong with it?

Bikes as art. It's a good thing. You need extremists in this world. Take Greenpeace for example. I sure as hell am not about to chain myself up to a bulldozer, or whaling boat but hey... I'm glad someone out there does do it. Do I diss them for it? Nah.

Same goes for rich people with European Super Cars. Do I diss them for only driving their Ferarri's on the weekend for coffee when it really should be driven hard at the race track? No, each to their own.

There's little point in being a hater, it only reflrects badly on yourself. :)
I promised myself I wouldn't bite... but you know what? Fuck it! S said I could call bullshit when I see it and I'm exercising that right.

Extremists in the world don't do shit. Name one extremist who actually achieved a net positive for his fellow man? Before you give me the usual bullshit list of religious figures, artists and political figures, think carefully about what they actually achieved for people other than themselves.

Greenpeace are the biggest group of vainglorious morons of them all. They've essentially created a new religion based around enviromentalism that often has stuff all to do with biological reality. Now that they have a profile they're just like every other pressure group that tries to pander to a membership and protect their priveliged position through bullshit campaigns and clever marketing. Have you ever stopped to consider what their goals are and who they are answerable too?

I'm all for people working hard, getting rich and buying whatever the hell they want. I'm also all for calling them wankers and pointing out that their trying to make up for something. Here's how I see it:
  • Rich old guy with Ferrari who can't really drive it: wanker
  • Rich old guy that's in the news for giving money to Melinda and Bill Gates foundation: legend.
  • Rich old guy with Ferrari who can drive it and gives money to Melinda and Bill Gates foundation: I want to be that guy.
Call it hating if you will but to imply that by expresing my opinions is somehow a reflection on my self esteem makes a mockery of critical thought.