beautiful bikes - post them here

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Your heads full of rocks.
Still think this is the best looking BMW aesthetically.

Gotta love chrome. There was a cool black chrome(nickle)park bike done,but I can't find the link.
Goddam that Racelink looks the bomb. I'm sure I've asked you before Rod - how much do they weigh frame only?

Enough roadies

Here's a Carbon GT
That carbon GT was looking all good until the final picture. What the hell was that owner thinking with Psylos? Why not just install a wet noodle?

the 2 stage all mountain bike

If I ever replace my Rocky Mountain Switch I'm getting one of these. Rod, any chance of teaming up with Lahar and making it in carbon to save weight?

Ivan

Eats Squid
If I ever replace my Rocky Mountain Switch I'm getting one of these. Rod, any chance of teaming up with Lahar and making it in carbon to save weight?
Mmmm, you may want to find someone else to do the CF work if you ever want it built.

Whilst the 2 stage rocks, I can't really see whats beautiful about it?

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Ok, we are in a serious need of the posting of BEAUTIFUL bikes. Please check out these links, again.
Check out this gallery for some of the most beautiful bicycle works of art ever created.
Out of the 20,000 bike photos on my computer that I just viewed, here is my top18.
If you disagree with me, you are wrong.
;)

Attachments

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Ok, we are in a serious need of the posting of BEAUTIFUL bikes. Please check out these links, again.

If you disagree with me, you are wrong.[/SIZE] ;)
I'm assuming that you mean beautiful in an engineering and design sense and not an aesthetic one when you talk about the Lahar?

I'd have one in a flash but I don't get particularly excited about aspects of its appearance.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
I'm assuming that you mean beautiful in an engineering and design sense and not an aesthetic one when you talk about the Lahar?
Nup, I absolutely love the design aspect of it. Smooth lines, cool angles, raw carbon fibre. Its just something a bit different, which I really appreciate aswell.

Captain Kirk

Likes Bikes
No offence at all taken, but this is an objective topic, and personal opinion plays a pretty major role here.
GT excepted, the other frames I mentioned are nothing new as far as design or astetics.
My point was simply that if someone finds their own bike great and what they like, why should they have to defend their own preference to it being cut down in the manner you did.

anyways..... here is an interesting one for you.

-The working name of the bike has been the DB10 (drop bar 10 years, 10 total to be built)
-This is the ten year anniversary of the Tomac brand, and this limited edition bike to commemorate the occasion.
-Johnny raced in drops back in 1990 and 1991. He was racing pro on the road as well as in the dirt and was very comfortable racing with drops.
-Custom build with straight gauge chromoly tubes by Chris Herting and custom painted by Spectrum Powder Works

The Background Story by Joel Smith
Johnny raced his drop bar bike back in 1990, at the time when I was racing Expert-level cross country and I saw him race the bike at Mammoth. He was absolutely flooring it, screaming by people on the descents, and I was highly impressionable when it was my cycling hero. The day I got home, I pulled an old set of bend drop bars out of a trash can at the local bike shop, took the shifters and road levers off a bike that someone had abandoned in our college house basement, and converted my mountain bike. Since that day, I’ve always wanted to make another one, but do it the right way.

I knew that Zap had the original drop bar bike that Johnny raced. It was given to him by John Parker back in the day and it is Zap’s prized procession. Anyway, I talked to Zap and he shipped it to Chris and Chris took all of the measurements off of it. We really wanted it to be a modernized version of the old bike, so while we kept the basic geometry the same, we wanted to have improvements to make it rideable by today’s standards. The DP10 has disc brake tabs, 73mm bb and standard head tube for a threadless headset. The fork was actually custom painted by Spectrum to resemble the original Answer/Manitou fork that he was riding at that time. The fork is actually a R7. The bike has original Johnny T signature Cinelli bars that we bought brand new out of someone’s private stash in Germany. The only branding on the frame is the Johnny signature on the top tube. Tomac’s Clarke Dolton managed the project throughout the process.

......a tear of lactic acid is rolling down cheek as I view this holy images

Attachments

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some more strange bikes then:

DH concept frame.

Cannondale ON folding bike.

Puma glow in the dark folding bike.

Cannondale G-STAR RAW bike.

Miss.

Nice.

Cyber.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Justin, that puma is a biomega! geddit right! And that cannondale is student work from memory... uses same shock/linkage as the Judge.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All you need is love (bikes), Na Na Nananana...:D
The Ellsworths are awesome bikes no doubt, but I really can't see the beauty in them; that huge agricultural linkage looks like it came off a slasher or a hay baler.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Goddam that Racelink looks the bomb. I'm sure I've asked you before Rod - how much do they weigh frame only?
I can't remember sorry. You have to run Profile(or 19mm axled)cranks,I'll weigh the next one I get in,but that may be never,there's a new BMW DH bike coming out. The RL will still be offered,but the new one is a bit more racey.
No chance. Lahar's struggling to make Lahars at present. He also hasn't seen anything great from two stage. I personally like the concept,but in reality I'd imagine it would provide more headaches and inconsistent feel when ridding.
Here's another bike with a window of travel path.

Last edited: