beautiful bikes - post them here

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Also, Cannondale (and Klein) introduced larger diameter frame tubes. These looked amazing to me at the time and I've wanted one ever since.
The buffed welds on both alloy Cannondales and Kleins were a nice touch.
Klein paint schemes were also beautifully crazy. Ah, the 90's has a lot of answer for,

Jabubu

let you google that for me
The buffed welds on both alloy Cannondales and Kleins were a nice touch.
Klein paint schemes were also beautifully crazy. Ah, the 90's has a lot of answer for,
If money were no object then I'd have one hanging on the wall in all it's crazy anodised Cook Bros adorned beauty.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Headshock was a wank. Didn't ride anything like as well as a fork with the same travel. Lefty is good, probably still a wank but at least it works and is super smooth. And really fucks with people's brains.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Headshock was a wank. Didn't ride anything like as well as a fork with the same travel. Lefty is good, probably still a wank but at least it works and is super smooth. And really fucks with people's brains.
Didn't they use a stack of needle bearings that were super when they were clean and lubed and not so super when they weren't?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
But out of the three, which has been the most interesting and innovative?
Cannondale for sure. Not everything was a hit, but they gave it a red hot go: Headshock, lefty, BB30 (this one is real bad), 1.5 steerers, caad frames, hollowgram cranks.

Not too much to list from treks side of things, maybe a completely unnecessary BB standard when we already had a gazillion? They stuck with that for almost a decade and as a result lots of orphan bikes. Isoflex is an honorable mention. Their dip into tq motors on their latest range is a fair leap forward if you include ebikes.