Likes Dirt
stinky5 said:
SKT said:
stinky5 said:
Nice looking bike chief,
What do they retail for?
Why did you sell the Bear?
A riding buddy is thinking of buying the Dawg
I bought almost everything on the Bear 2nd hand including the frame and was always on the catch up with fixing shit, I got real sick of mech discs which were from another bike and found it hard to climb on that bike. I reckon the Bear descended much better than the XLT. I nearly bought a Dawg instead of the XLT but I am kinda loyal to my mate and it was different, there are a lotta Konas round and I thought I would take a different direction. The Float RL with lockout was the clincher. Not real plush but great rebound adjusment and great for any climbs or long rides.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
toys r us in cairns have a 03 and 04 gt idrive ruckus which are both real nice, and my mate that works there offered me an 03 dhi for a superdooper price that blew my mind, they have an 04 dhi on the way for display as well

Glock

Likes Bikes
that's quite a nice ride you've got yourself there SKT. any idea how much it weighs? around 14kg would be my guess

SKT

Likes Dirt
Glock said:
that's quite a nice ride you've got yourself there SKT. any idea how much it weighs? around 14kg would be my guess
Stock, it somes in at 30.5lbs which is about 14.5 kgs, the Mavic 521s are about 590 grams and 219s that came on the bike are 570 grams, plus the Husselvelt stem and richeys, I'd say that it would still be around the 15kg mark, which is good considering it's versatilty.

Rik

logged out
SKT said:
Stock, it somes in at 30.5lbs which is about 14.5 kgs
Is that quoted catalogue weight? Or real measured weight.
Remember those bombers aren't stock, and they're a fairly heavy fork.

SKT

Likes Dirt
Rik said:
SKT said:
Is that quoted catalogue weight? Or real measured weight.
Remember those bombers aren't stock, and they're a fairly heavy fork.
Nothing get spast you hey Rik :lol:

So true, the Jamis site weighs the bike with Fox Vanilla RL forks 1.978 kgs and the Zocchi Z.1 FRs are 2.285 kgs. I guess we can account for the 300grams +/-, but it all adds up. Still looking at around 16kgs, again good for its versatility.

Rik

logged out
It's not a bad weight, but keep in mind the Z1FR's specified weight is without steerer tube, so there's another few grams :lol:

But yeh, as you said, for what it can do, weight is nothing to complain about.