Beginning of new dirt jumps in the Perth area?

Doaks

Likes Dirt
Hey everybody.

I moved from Tassie last year and coming to Perth noticed theres a serious lack of dirt jumps (most likely due to the fact the most of the ground is actually sandy soil and is useless for dj's!). I actually craved going home to Tassie so i could ride some "real" dirt.

Granted I live in the southern suburbs (Bentley)and theres not a lot of places to build anything round here but still...shocked to find very few people can be bothered digging dirt or even looking for a place to dig. I'm just wondering...winter's coming and I'm extremely keen to dig during this period and get something new going. Is there anyone around that is keen to get some trails going?

I've heard talk of some trails about to be built somewhere near Applecross and that the owner of Georges Bike Shop is involved with one of the local councils in the implementation of the jumps. I know there tons of riders around the southern suburbs and probably in other parts of Perth, both bmxers and mtbers, that are getting a bit sick of parks and street and want something new to ride.

Any ideas farkers?

billymtb

Likes Dirt
Im in the northern suburbs (karrinyup) and i know what you mean it is very sandy but i suppose dirt jumps can be built.

Doaks

Likes Dirt
mm its possible. does anyone know of any legal jumps around the place that councils are maintaining or planning to build? my shovels getting restless:eek:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just find a hidden spot up in the hills to build your own jumps, all council jumps are run down as fuck here

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
hey dude me and a few mates down here in dwellingup had a six pack cranked with the jumps goin from 4-6 foot but moto riders wrecked em,,, thats me hittin them in my pic<<<

Doaks

Likes Dirt
have you thought about rebuilding them? i'd be keen to lend a hand if i had a car:( anyone know anything going in the perth area?

jake b

Likes Bikes
totally know what you mean I'm in South Perth and have been searching for places to build for quite a while..
the dirt is a bit of an issue most places are pretty boggy. i think I'm gonna start trying to build some out the back of my dads shop we've got a little motocross track there but some dj's would be good :)

billymtb

Likes Dirt
If anyone is in need of a downhill track in the stirling area give us a buzz because me and my friends are building a pretty good one.

david123

Likes Bikes
if you want to build some jumps/dh in stirling i can help aswell when i get my bike back.

billy, call adam one day and he can call me to help.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone is in need of a downhill track in the stirling area give us a buzz because me and my friends are building a pretty good one.
baha good luck, no hills around here with dirt that allows track building

saMfish

Likes Dirt
I'm in the northern suburbs (Woodvale, near Whitfords and Joondalup), and the last 3 sets of jumps/trails we've built have all been dozed by the council. Latest was today... had a 4 foot deep 8 foot long trench.. was so fucking fun to trick out of.

Doaks

Likes Dirt
I'm in Bentley which is the worst place....houses everywhere and no spare land anyway. Illegal's get torn down pretty quick by bogans and kids so I'm thinking a decent legal setup...means theres at least council or parks workers who look after the surrounding areas and we can take care of the dirt.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Hey dudes,

I am in the northern suburbs and would be happy to help out with building dirt jumps almost anywhere around Perth. Bit hard to find good soil though as essentially all of the coastal plain is sand! :mad:
Weekends are best for me by the way!

Let me know! :D

Doaks

Likes Dirt
A mate of mine has a spot near Cannington that he wants to build on. should be a good spot...water, river clay etc. i'll get some details and let you know.