Big dump!

Pete J

loves his dog
Hahaa, for those of you expecting to see a big poo i'm sorry...

We had a big dump here in Helsinki today, snow that is!
It bucketed down and by my rough guestimation it must have been about 20cm's or so before 2pm in the arvo.
Working outside at the airport was tough, snow makes everything that much harder to do, not to mention how slippery it ends up!
However there was one little fella who was stoked at todays downfall. This guy is a snow lover as well as a cool dude (some of you have no doubt guessed where this is going).
Here he is in our backyard at about 3pm this afternoon! :)

And here he is again an hour later (after we built his very own mountain lookout) looking up to the snow gods praying for more!! :D

For those of you wondering, it really hasn't been that cold here lately, the worst we've had is probably -10 or something. Today it was 0, give or take a degree... Tomorrow is meant to be plus degrees so most of the snow will probably melt with the rain. :(

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Now we are heading into summer in Oz, it seems strange to look at snow pictures. It looks like you dog hates the cold snow on his butt..........;)

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
And here he is again an hour later (after we built his very own mountain lookout) looking up to the snow gods praying for more!! :D
Great photo, great dog, great place... dude, I SO miss snow over here...:(

I wish was where you are.... Your pooch looks like an awesome dog to have, too.:cool:

floody

Wheel size expert
Now we are heading into summer in Oz, it seems strange to look at snow pictures.
Ha, you think thats strange... It snowed HERE, in Hobart a week and a half ago. 1 week before that we had bushfires.

Pete J

loves his dog
Aw for the love of all things holy, Rawb.... don't encourage him about the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Hehe, why not??
It's not like i'm obsessed or anything...
:p

Techno, snow is pretty cool, especially when you don't wear gloves! BOOM-TISH
Only problem around here is that there aren't many hills let alone mountains, powder days like yesterday would have been supreme with a good slope. :cool:

J-ack

Banned
looks pretty cool, i've got an aunt who lives over there to play floorball (you're in Finland...you know what it is) and i'm heading over there at christmas for a bit of a holiday, looking forward to a hell of a lot of snow to greet me!

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha, you think thats strange... It snowed HERE, in Hobart a week and a half ago. 1 week before that we had bushfires.
Yeah I heard the weather report on the radio when I was down there, " Bushfires and smoke for Hobart, fine for the rest of the state with some highland snow."

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Nice one Pete:)

Everyone else is either jealous, or cat owners.

Pete J

loves his dog
looks pretty cool, i've got an aunt who lives over there to play floorball (you're in Finland...you know what it is) and i'm heading over there at christmas for a bit of a holiday, looking forward to a hell of a lot of snow to greet me!
Yeah floorball is actually great fun, haven't played that much but the times i have i've really enjoyed myself. For those that don't what floorball (or salibandy) is, the easiest way to picture it is like ice hockey without the ice and violence. They also use a lightweight plastic ball instead of a puck.
As for your chrissy visit, i'd say it's a safe bet that there will be snow EVERYWHERE!!!!!! :p Drop me a line when you are here if you feel like it.

Nice one Pete:)
Everyone else is either jealous, or cat owners.
Thanks dude, as you can tell i'm totally chuffed with my little mate!
I actually wouldn't mind a cat as well, i grew up with both cats and dogs and like them equally as much.

Is that a Basenji?
No, we thought about getting one of them but they have a habit of howling and wailing despite the fact that they don't actually bark much. Living in an apartment building isn't suited to Basenji's.
My dog is a Shiba Inu, which is a Japanese breed. He is also far bigger than he should be, he must have wanted to be an Akita or something...

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ill be in austria for 2 months from december and have a flight to helsinki planned for early feb. any reccomendations for a good ski resort ti hit? i also plan to go to estonia. i hear there are hot uni chicks there :)

J-ack

Banned
well good luck with skiing in Finland, it's almost 100% flat but, if you're in XC skiing, it's great!

Pete J

loves his dog
well good luck with skiing in Finland, it's almost 100% flat but, if you're in XC skiing, it's great!
This true, well to a certain extent. There are some relatively good places to ski in the north but even they wouldn't be anything like what Austria has to offer.
There is a place here called Levi and in the summer the resort caters for mtb's with it's bike park. I really gotta try and get there next year if at all possible! http://www.levi.fi/pages/index.php?id=1006&language=eng_sum
Winter stuff here --> http://www.levi.fi/pages/index.php?id=1&language=eng_win

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
was that when the surf comp was called of due to snow on the beach??
i cant find the link/pics, but damn it looked weird.

i wish we had that much snow here that quick.... at least once this season!!

bransly

Likes Dirt
haha thats awsome, wish we got snow in syd..
what a cool dog too haha my dog would collapse the pile of snow trying to get onto it

Pete J

loves his dog
i wish we had that much snow here that quick.... at least once this season!!
20cm's in under 6 hours isn't too bad, however last winter (on several occasions) we had twice as much in about the same amount of time.
I'll post pics again when we have another big powder day. It snowed last night but only a few cm's. :(
Cheers for the comments! :)

I should post a vid of the best part about winter here, driving!! Even the pissiest little car (like ours) can turn into a rally monster with handbrake turns and power slides possible at any time. We have a big car park near us that is a hotspot for this kind of thing, i visit it quite regularly. It's so much fun! :D