Biggest jump, gap, drop or whatever photos!

duck_man

Likes Dirt
Any one remember this?

Smashed the record set by Nathan, and there was no hype from redbull.

[video=youtube;xYRxPlC_hFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRxPlC_hFE[/video]

Nautonier

Eats Squid
WTF? I thought the whole idea of 'downhill' mountain biking involved biking down hills. If there was a rule book, it would say that this doesn't count and that you may as well do it on a motorbike...

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WTF? I thought the whole idea of 'downhill' mountain biking involved biking down hills. If there was a rule book, it would say that this doesn't count and that you may as well do it on a motorbike...
The gayness of a rule book is probably part of the reason "freeride" was born.

Sic

Likes Dirt
Which is of course why all those freeride competitions and downhill world cups dont have any rules, regulations, governing bodies or judging criteria......

Nautonier

Eats Squid
The gayness of a rule book is probably part of the reason "freeride" was born.
Rule books are totally gay, but I think being towed by motorbikes is also somewhat gay. They must have lived somewhere really flat as I can't imagine it would be that hard to re-create the same set-up on a road with a bit of gradient...

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
That oxy vid was quality! Funny to see the road gap still has a lip that is 4feet high and a basically dead flat lander. That fella is flying though, I dunno how you go that fast at oxy, I would be overshooting those jumps by miles, maybe I just don't have that speedy skill.. Here is a vid of me from a while ago, it's where I got the screenshot in the OP. There isn't much photo posting in this thread so might as well chuck it up. https://vimeo.com/41947068
But let's see more photos!

Last edited:

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Castle Hill (QLD) a little while back, just happened to be up there for a spin and had my camera in the car so went back and took some pics.

Road Gap
DSC_2109 (1280x576).jpg

DSC_1826 (1280x1005).jpg

DSC_1825 (1280x1118).jpg

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
Don't suppose you could PM me the location of that track bud? Just moved up to Terrey hills and only know of oxy in the area. Sweet vid too!