bike shops/parts in hong kong?

jonot

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
im going over to hong kong in a few weeks and was wondering whether you can buy cheap mtb parts over there? I was speaking to uDi and he said that he got Shimano parts, (brakes etc...) from Hong Kong dealers. Does anyone have any experience with this or know where to go??

-jon

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i got stuff off flex bike store (ebay) in singapore. all shimano stuff and for pretty cheap. great service (postage) as well.

homegrown

Likes Bikes
good prices, hopeless advice and no back up on warranty claims. Can be a really good way to buy stuff or a really good way to loose hard earned cash

mcoccia

Likes Dirt
homegrown said:
good prices, hopeless advice and no back up on warranty claims. Can be a really good way to buy stuff or a really good way to loose hard earned cash
Shimano gear comes with an international warranty. I had no problems having an XTR wheel purchased in Malaysia replaced. All I had to do was send the wheel to Shimano with a copy of the puchase receipt. Shimano dispatched the new wheel the same day.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
hong kong... cant go wrong!
my mate goes every year, picks up so much cheap gear, pair of holzfeller urbans, for $160 with a BB (the gold truvativ one, i hate names)... hs33's both ends for cheaper then one end here.. black elites for 300. etc etc list goes on.....

i will find out some shop names next time i talk to him.