Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

Isildur

The Real Pedant
So, late notice I know, but is anyone keen for some riding tomorrow morning.

I'm free for once, and thinking of riding the trails under the Law. A lazy start, about 10:30am - 11:00am.

Anyone in?

Bermshot

Banned
I know of Iselder, you would have to be good to be able to flow like he!

The Elfin?

I will decide to meet such as thee.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
'twas a decent ride yesterday. Really nice weather, and the track was in pretty good nick. A little rough after the recent rain, but pretty much dry throughout.

Possibly out again on Monday, or perhaps next Friday morning again...

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Thursday 17th June. Oaks

i'll be riding up to the helipad and back from the top gate tomorrow if anyone fancies it

be at top gate about 9:30am

BM Epic

Eats Squid
'twas a decent ride yesterday. Really nice weather, and the track was in pretty good nick. A little rough after the recent rain, but pretty much dry throughout.

Possibly out again on Monday, or perhaps next Friday morning again...
Next friday Gub, want to do oaks up and back? or somewhere else?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Yeah, I dunno about a ride that big 2 days before the race. But I reckon I'll be up for a ride on Friday morning (that is, unless work gets too busy again... :( ). I'll let you know.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'm keen for a light ride on Friday morning. Nothing too intense, as my fitness isn't where is was not long ago, and I wouldn't mind being fresh for the Classic on Sunday.

Grose head or even Hazo?

JP

Likes Dirt
I'm keen for a light ride on Friday morning. Nothing too intense, as my fitness isn't where is was not long ago, and I wouldn't mind being fresh for the Classic on Sunday.

Grose head or even Hazo?
I'm planning on hitting up GHS friday morn around 10ish if anyone is interested.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
It's not a bad option. would be a good beginners option as you can by pass the steep climbs on the beginning of lockyers by just heading out along the main rd.

From the junction with Lockyers it's pretty flat, slightly up hill to the look out. Not too many twists and turns but enough to keep you on your toes if you are pushing hard.

Worth a look, especially if you plan to do the run off Coxes anyway

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have to give it a go... never done Cox's either, which I probably should. Only ever walked it in slippery, pouring rain conditions which made it look really gnarly... so don't really have any idea what it would be like on the bike.

thecat

Have to give it a go... never done Cox's either, which I probably should. Only ever walked it in slippery, pouring rain conditions which made it look really gnarly... so don't really have any idea what it would be like on the bike.
Ummm, it is really Gnarly.

The stair section is pretty full on but once you are through the big rock ledge it's flat out fun.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ummm, it is really Gnarly.

The stair section is pretty full on but once you are through the big rock ledge it's flat out fun.
Oh well, I'm not afraid to walk sections and watch other people meet their doom.

My main concern really is what the ride is like once you get to the bottom and have to loop round to the road or to the base of Lockyer's. Is that just a boring ride making the short steep section not worth the effort... that's the great thing about Lockyer's you get the whole ridge which is really nice that makes the climb up Lawson's worthwhile.

thecat

Oh well, I'm not afraid to walk sections and watch other people meet their doom.

My main concern really is what the ride is like once you get to the bottom and have to loop round to the road or to the base of Lockyer's. Is that just a boring ride making the short steep section not worth the effort... that's the great thing about Lockyer's you get the whole ridge which is really nice that makes the climb up Lawson's worthwhile.
The ride out the bottom isn't too dull and it's not that far from the bottom of the funner stuff to the bottom of Lockyers. Up Lockyers gives you some very nice sections back along the ride in betwix horrible bits