'Booby traps' on southern part of Canberra Centennary Trail

trickbooter

Likes Dirt
Absolute dickheads? People who don't/won't think about the consequences?

Similar situation posted on the FB trading page for QLD recently.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd love to catch someone setting that up, safe to say that they wouldn't be going near the Police to report the assault they were a victim of.

moorey

call me Mia
Fuck, that's brutal. Barbed wire?
Ive been whining about a local old hag laying logs across the tracks.
Please catch him, Dozer. I'll fabricate an alibi if required. :rant:

will2

Likes Dirt
Fuck. Me. I remember last year someone in BC caught an old lady laying wood with nails on a trail and chopping shit up, thought that was brutal, which it is. This is completely next level stuff, imagine a fast XC guy flooring it through the section. I think it would be without doubt, death.
Hopefully the person/people get spooked and cease. Glad no one was hurt.

scblack

Leucocholic
Fuck, that's brutal. Barbed wire?
Ive been whining about a local old hag laying logs across the tracks.
Please catch him, Dozer. I'll fabricate an alibi if required. :rant:
Alibi? No, not necessary, he was with me at that time.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Alibi? No, not necessary, he was with me at that time.
That means we'll get caught because you were helping me! :llama:

I've told this story a billion times: I was scouting an area for new lines a long time ago and found some marijuana plants in pots on a fallen log in the middle of nowhere. I left them there and told the young dude helping me to forget they were there. The next day he tells me that he went back up there that night and relocated the plants for himself. I didn't hit him but told him to forget about helping with trails etc as you can't act like that etc etc blah blah blah.
Two weekends later, I was on the first run further up that hill in a rocky section (the top section of our trail that isn't used in races for anyone who knows) and slid on some loose rocks to a standstill before a drop between two trees............................a mere twelve inches from a really taught length of wire at neck height. Lucky me, I would never have seen it in time and would be wearing a scar at best right now. I have no doubt it was the owner of the plants that did it. I've never come across any other shit like that but have myself hit people on motor bikes with shovels that disrespect my trails.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Jesus Fuck! that cockroach needs to be removed from the gene pool immediately for doing crap like that.

stirk

Burner
Cowardly and deranged. If you want to hurt people for riding a trail for whatever moronic mentally sick reason at least have the guts to do it in person so the recipient of your misplaced anger can have the chance to punch you in the throat.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Many many many years ago as a kid I was belting down a slight downhill on a paved bike path that went past a train station when I caught a strange glimmer in the early morning sun.
Slammed the brakes when I realised it was thick wire across the path and came to a hard stop against it at headtube hight on the bike. Lucky it didnt take one of my fingers off or worse.
Didnt think much of it at the time and just took it down and carried on. Got to remember these sort of fuck wits are nothing new.

cborwn92

Squid
Wow really!

Holy shit!!

That could have really hurt someone!! How hard is it for people to accept that there are other people who use the trails as well as them???

Unfortunately it seems to be happening at a lot of trails .
Really?
I thought about this. How worried I should be when I go riding etc?
This is one of the few times i've heard of it happening. I'm hoping the media coverage doesn't lead to copy cat behaviour though.