Bos forks and shocks brand new!

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Hey guys,

just thought i'd water your mouth with some of these

http://www.bos-engineering.com/MTB/fr.html

new bos forks called the "IDYLLE" price point to be set just a bit more than world cups but less than fox40s.

for the french speaking :
Fourche hydraulique pressurisée, simple cartouche à bonbonne séparée, côté droit
Butée hydraulique réglable en longueur
Débattement : 200mm
Réglages : compression lente / compression rapide / détente.
Ressort + précharge côté gauche.
Vis de purge d'air au sommet des deux plongeurs
Plongeurs : alu 7050 - ø 36mm
Fourreaux : magnesium
Tés : alu 6061 forgés - réusinés.
Direction : 1"1/8
Axe ø 20 mm.
Postmount IS

and the new bos shock called the "stoy"

Will have first set of forks available in april. the first demo forks for mags will be floating around then along with sponsored riders.

Nicho

Giantrider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick question.
What are the advantages of the BOS suspension forks, say over boxxers? Since you have ridden both.. Same question for the shock as well.

Thanks,
Hamish

clockworked

Like an orange
weights? that piggy back looks like it might add a bit to the forks, but then again - did i read right that they're magnesium?

the shock looks great - after top_dog's review, it seems like a pretty good upgrade!

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
In the fourth picture of the Forks, what is it we are looking at there? Some sort of shorter travel (AM) Fork?

weights? that piggy back looks like it might add a bit to the forks, but then again - did i read right that they're magnesium?
Most forks are Magnesium these days

Last edited:

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It says they are 36mm stanchions, means they are heavier then boxxers? Do you have a weight?

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
I think i've just blown........

MY Gasket:D

man those forks just look da bomb!!

nice one nicho, keep us upto date on these bad boys:)

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fork pressurized hydraulic, simple cartridge tank separated right side
Butée hydraulic adjustable length
TRAVEL: 200mm
Settings: compression slow / fast compression / relaxation.
+ Spring preload left.
Vis air bleed on the top two divers
Divers: alu 7050 - 36mm ø
Lowers: magnesium
Tee: 6061 forged aluminum - rebuilt.
Direction: 1 "1 / 8
Axe ø 20 mm.

Simple translation. Spring pre load and air bleed on both legs???

36mm inner walls doesn't mean heavier, there are plenty of other things that attribute to weight.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In the fourth picture of the Forks, what is it we are looking at there? Some sort of shorter travel (AM) Fork?

To me...could be very wrong but it looks like a BOS version of a lefty maybe for canondales? Just a thought as it only looks like one staunchon

Viv92

Eats Squid

To me...could be very wrong but it looks like a BOS version of a lefty maybe for canondales? Just a thought as it only looks like one staunchon
I think you guys are speculating a bit... I'm pretty sure it's just an arty shot of the DH fork.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Interesting, would be cool to get some weight figures on them. How do they compare to Boxxer WC's?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Ahh I was thinking an inverted fork.
:cool:Can't wait to get a boumce on some,they look great,actually the piggy back n red bits look kinda weird:eek:,but I'd imagine the forks will be great,and that's all that matters. ;)

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Holy shit batman!

That res will undoubtedly be a rock magnet...

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
Shock bush

Is that a needle bearing instead of a bush I see in the shock eyelet , is anyone else doing that ? IMO a very good idea as someone who has had to punch out a few worn bushes it has got to be a better system.
Nicho are they on both eyelet's or just the linkage end of the shock ?

Attachments