Bos forks and shocks brand new!

S.

ex offender
Good review, but I have to say, if your Moco fork was underdamped in terms of LSC (requiring too much spring pressure to hold the front up), it's entirely a setup issue, not the fault of the fork. They have a virtually unlimited range of LSC, and the threshold adjuster means it doesn't have to be harsh to crank it up.

top_dog

Likes Dirt
Good review, but I have to say, if your Moco fork was underdamped in terms of LSC (requiring too much spring pressure to hold the front up), it's entirely a setup issue, not the fault of the fork. They have a virtually unlimited range of LSC, and the threshold adjuster means it doesn't have to be harsh to crank it up.
That is quite possible Steve, I put heavier than stock oil in (From memory 24cSt, instead of the stock 16cSt) to try and get it stay up at 4 clicks of LSC. 5 clicks and it would spike and lose traction on the little stuff even after mucking around with the threshold adjuster for hours and using 4 different oil weights. It really needs a 4.5 click, which I believe you have don't you?:cool:

udi

swiss cheese
Not sure if you read on RM already but my solution is to play with the reverse threaded topcap on MC assembly (tighten/loosen tiny amounts) until the clicks are where you want. The "correct" setup is so that the final click is a complete click and there is no more movement (ie. quarter/half click) beyond it. You just have to set it right once and after that just run it at two clicks back from closed.

At a "correct" 4 clicks (2 clicks back from closed) with the 24cst oil, the amount of damping is pretty much perfect for those with a preference for more LSC - in a springrate range of say 90-115psi anyway (60-80kg rider). More LSC than that is excessive for a rider of that weight in my opinion, so if there wasn't enough, there must have been something up with the adjuster (or adjuster's adjustment :)).

The other two important factors are having the correct oil height (which can be tested by adding oil until until lockout is almost instant with the LSC adjuster closed - so many measuring containers are inaccurate); and ensuring that the one-way valve on the base of the MC assembly is working correctly.

But yeah like socket said, not getting the LSC right couldn't really be any fault of the fork (at least once you know how to manipulate it).

Bomb446

Likes Dirt
Hi, just wondering if these have or come with a direct mount stem? Or is the upper crown like the 40's which you just use a normal stem with?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Hey mate,

yeah the bos forks will come with a 4 bolt pattern for integrated crowns just like the boxxers.

nicho

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hey Nicho, what are the dimensions on the Stoy shock? Are they about the same as a Swinger 4 way or DHX diameter wise or are they wider/skinnier? I keep having daydreams about putting one in my D8.