Bowden Spur Kinglake - The rebuilding of a new legal DH riding facility.

redbruce

Eats Squid
im wondering if anyone know what date kinglake dh track opens thanks
Did you even read the post immediately before yours?

Let me reiterate:

"When it's dry and hard.

Might not open till October or even Nov if we keep getting all this rain and traditionally spring is quite wet as well."

Last edited:

crooker

Likes Dirt
I went out to Shepherds today to walk the track for the millionth time lol, absolutly hanging for it to open.. Completly respect the closure due to it being new soft and tender but it was obvious to me that some dont have any kind of respect to the track. its been riden.. and a matter of fact there was 2 car loads doing shuttles out there today!!! Why dont these idiots understand that the more they ride it while closed the more damage they will do and the longer we (who respect the closure) have to wait!!! Is there any rangers out there to patrol the area??? Its just not really fair on the people waiting for it to open.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
I went out to Shepherds today to walk the track for the millionth time lol, absolutly hanging for it to open.. Completly respect the closure due to it being new soft and tender but it was obvious to me that some dont have any kind of respect to the track. its been riden.. and a matter of fact there was 2 car loads doing shuttles out there today!!! Why dont these idiots understand that the more they ride it while closed the more damage they will do and the longer we (who respect the closure) have to wait!!! Is there any rangers out there to patrol the area??? Its just not really fair on the people waiting for it to open.
Because for some people the rules only apply to everyone else, they're exempt.

A cheeky tire slash wouldn't be taking it too far imo.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
If the people who are riding the track have any balls, they should present themselves on this thread for a thorough e-bashing.

Seriously, if you guys think it's OK to ride the track in spite of all that you've read and heard, can you at least tell us why you think this is acceptable behavior?

And Crooker, you should have taken some pics of those winners to put on here.

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
some people just have to ruin it for the rest who are patiently waiting for this beast of a track to open!

by the way hanging out soooo bad for this to open!!! looks like so muuuch fuunn!!

harrisonball

Likes Bikes
Went up there on Saturday with the bikes, knowing that there was a newly built track (had ridden the old one once), but didn't know whether it would be open or not. Had to go up to King Lake anyway. Track was closed, but walked the whole thing, looks amazing and a great job to who built it! Looked like some motorbikes had been riding the track :\ Keen to go back when it opens!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Went up there on Saturday with the bikes, knowing that there was a newly built track (had ridden the old one once), but didn't know whether it would be open or not. Had to go up to King Lake anyway. Track was closed, but walked the whole thing, looks amazing and a great job to who built it! Looked like some motorbikes had been riding the track :\ Keen to go back when it opens!
When I first started reading your post I thought your were one of the riders owning up. Good on you for keeping your bikes on the car and respecting the closure.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I reckon the motos will F off when the track opens proper and all the DHillers come to town.

For the purpose of sustainability, I reckon the 2nd track needs to be built pronto. The closures for maintenance can be alternated between the 2, and hopefully keep those looser F wits off the closed trail, when they venture up.

On another note, has anyone walked the track when it was originally finished, and then again recently? Has there been any changes? Or was that hot air and lip service?

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Little update.

There's been a few changes to the track since it was closed which look really good, the first two jumps have been reshaped and shortened slightly and a couple of the off camber sections have been improved as well as a few other little bits and pieces.

I have been out there recently and the trail surface looks nearly ready to go, all the soft areas have cured pretty good and the track looks mint, regardless of the few people who remove logs and trees and just refuse to acknowledge the four closed gates across the track, at least it slows them down so they can't get any decent speed and makes the obsticles near impossible. Unfortunately there will always be some who ride no matter what and on the motos, I also believe they will disappear when it opens.

The good news is after some communication with those in charge it looks like the track should be open and ready to go by mid Oct, another 4 or 5 weeks will have it in prime nick and ready to be pounded by the masses all season long.

markhood01

Likes Bikes
Parks Vic site is saying that the track will open on Saturday 13 October... Is that correct?

Anything planned for the weekend? Shuttles? Beer donation bin for Wisey and all those involved? :)

dunndog

Eats Squid
Parks Vic site is saying that the track will open on Saturday 13 October... Is that correct?

Anything planned for the weekend? Shuttles? Beer donation bin for Wisey and all those involved? :)
Fark I hope that's right, it's an rdo weekend!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Having not spoken to PV for a couple of weeks and if we don't get too much rain (highly unlikely) this is correct. This was the date we picked to be the likely reopening. The track itself looks primed and ready to go...

Bring on the long summer days and fun times riding DH. Oh yeeeeah!

Lube

Likes Dirt
Great to hear Wisey! Massive thank you to yourself and everyone else involved, especially Parks Vic for being so proactive and open minded. Can't wait to get out there and give it a run! It's been years!

Having not spoken to PV for a couple of weeks and if we don't get too much rain (highly unlikely) this is correct. This was the date we picked to be the likely reopening. The track itself looks primed and ready to go...

Bring on the long summer days and fun times riding DH. Oh yeeeeah!