Boy 9 Dies after being impaled on handlebar

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
and i have been noticing that a few magazines have been showing photos of bmxers and dirt jumpers without helmets on, which is just plain stupid as the young fellers look up to these guys. It should be 'a no helmet no photo' plicy in these magazines.
agree 100%.
they are somewhat rolemodels to the community especially young people even like myself.
helmets are like seat belts, people might not like wearing them but they are essential in keeping you safe.

Svenn

Likes Dirt
this happened to me two years ago whilst i was pedal grinding, spent four weeks in hospital and the conclusion was i either lost my bowel or died from internal bleeding. Fortunately the doctors experimented by putting a stent in my stomach to keep blood flow going and im alright now. Sad to see that boy die from it though :(

Maurice.

Banned
this happened to me two years ago whilst i was pedal grinding, spent four weeks in hospital and the conclusion was i either lost my bowel or died from internal bleeding. Fortunately the doctors experimented by putting a stent in my stomach to keep blood flow going and im alright now. Sad to see that boy die from it though :(
Dang [/napoleon dynamite]

how are you holding up now?

Svenn

Likes Dirt
fine, the accident unfolded like this, the box at our skatepark has a grindable part on top of it, after doing it heaps, i basically was relaxing on my last few before going home, hit it with minimal speed, lost traction toward the end and flipped on the bars and got jacknived on my bars, all my weight on like 3cm of barend before i got bucked off, i sort of blacked out after that, felt really warm inside.

nowadays, im fine, i had to take blood thinning pills the first few weeks but if i get hit in the stomach again im pretty stuffed to be honest. The chances of it hitting there again are slim to none anyways, it was a real shame, hit JUST under my rib bone, would have much preferred a cracked rib.