Brake pads for Hayes HFX 9 Hydros

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which pads are the best for these brakes?
And also, out of EBC Golds, Reds, and Greens, which are better for dh, urban, djing.

Are the original pads that come in these brakes better than all aftermarket ones?

I dunno which to get!

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think im getting EBC's of some sort...
Butttt..... are they better than the original pads? thats what i dont know... and if there are pads better than the original hayes ones.. WHAT ARE THEY CAUSE THATS WHAT ILL GET!?

i wanna no this 2, im not shore wat pads i got now(got em 2nd hand) but mainly do dj and dh, so freeride, same, i got hfx-9s, who knows wat type and roughly how much?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Richard A... said:
Excuse my ignorance but how does rim tape effect brakes in any way :?:
You're not ignorant, socket's just got the shits because he can't find his ferrett.

S.

ex offender
wombat said:
Richard A... said:
Excuse my ignorance but how does rim tape effect brakes in any way :?:
You're not ignorant, socket's just got the shits because he can't find his ferrett.
My ferret? Hey, you were the one who bought it online...

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
matty_2003 said:
Well does anyone know if EBC reds would go better than the original hayes hydro ones?
Red's will give you the most stopping power, but will burn out the quickest. A sintered metal pad like the standard Hayes or EBC gold's will last a shiteload longer, generate more heat, and squeeel like a train car!
I wouldn't go Red's unless you've got alot of money to frit away

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
matty_2003 said:
Say... how long do they last?
Red's: Depends what riding you're doing. DH race, they'll go within a few runs
Gold's: Pretty much forever, but like i said earlier.. squeek squeek
Green's: Happy medium. These are Kevlar based instead of sintered metal... I think. Correct me if i'm wrong peoples

naz

Criminally Inane
im goin wits squids definitions, greens are 'organic' n designed for calipers that cant take heat, so the pads dissipate the heat, yay grass pads

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Depends on the course and how hard you go. Some people have done it. I'd stick with the official Hayes pad, or EBC Gold's. Better value for money if ya wanna urban, dj, aswell as dh