Brake pads for Hayes HFX 9 Hydros

naz

Criminally Inane
ye ud hit the brakes it would melt, roofing tar could its grippy and gives no modulation

Dane

Likes Dirt
and on a hot day, they would probably melt without even using them...

matty you could just keep the reds for special occasions, and use the stock hayes ones for normal riding.

btw, do the reds void warranty or was that just a joke? i think i read it in an advert.

-Dane

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
i just got some of the EBC reds. PErformance is great. I really hope they dont wear that quickly. That would be SH111ty.

S.

ex offender
Well Josh (oz-freerider) has had reds on his bike for several months now... I think the "gone in a few runs" claim is BS.

acrider

Likes Dirt
Thredbo is notorious for destroying brake pads. One weekend there, is equivalent to months of riding wear anywhere else in my experience.

I actually bought some EBC Reds for the Nationals full practice day on Saturday, the two practice runs in the morning Sunday and the race run.

Will they last this long ?

Something tells me, maybe I should just save them for Sunday.

Dane

Likes Dirt
acrider said:
Something tells me, maybe I should just save them for Sunday.
except it wouldn't hurt to have some practice on them. so you are familiar with them come race time!

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They last for longer than a week ppl.. they last months... as josh has pointed out.. he had his for like 4 months and he dosent exactly ride like a pansy once a month...

S.

ex offender
matty_2003 said:
They last for longer than a week ppl.. they last months... as josh has pointed out.. he had his for like 4 months and he dosent exactly ride like a pansy once a month...
No, he rides like a pansy several times a week! :p

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmmm well.... i have had mine for about 4 months now i do dh almost every week end (verry steep dh wich you use your brakes alot on) and ALOT of nose manuals and the front pads are about half gone... and the rear are about 6/8 to 5/8 gone i spose but they have lasted a while. so i think they will be fine for one race meet.