Brisbane 4X Track

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G'day
Just wondering if there is any private 4X tracks in/near Brissy, or somebody with land, willing to build?

Im sure if it was the second option, there would be a fair few riders keen to come and build. All the tracks i know of aren't exactly close, making it hard to do specific 4X riding.

Anyone Keen?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The underwood track is open all the time, bar the gates. That said it is not a very good representation of a 'true 4X' track.

That said Illanbah has an Open Day at the start of each month for DH and XC. I once enquired about the 4X track and they did seem more than happy for people to use it, just that particular weekend many officials were in Adelaide for the Nationals. I am sure though if you sent an e-mail to the Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club they could help you further.

murphy13

Likes Dirt
sounds like a good idea Hayden, we just need someone with enough land that is willing to loose property value :p with machinery as well
or somewhere that we could just make a smaller version for maybe 2 racers?

if anyone has started one or gets one going i and mates would be always keen to build to ride!

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The underwood track is open all the time, bar the gates. That said it is not a very good representation of a 'true 4X' track.

That said Illanbah has an Open Day at the start of each month for DH and XC. I once enquired about the 4X track and they did seem more than happy for people to use it, just that particular weekend many officials were in Adelaide for the Nationals. I am sure though if you sent an e-mail to the Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club they could help you further.
Can't use Illinbah, it's out of action for at least this year. Council has/had some problems with the landowner so no mountain biking until that is all sorted out.