Brisbane Rides

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's what we need. An old farts thread. Yup boys, Young tools and old farts. :cool:

toodles

Wheel size expert
That's what we need. An old farts thread. Yup boys, Young tools and old farts. :cool:
It'd just degenerate into a bunch of whining about how back in the ol' black & white days, when you had to walk 40 miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways, when kids respected their elders... blah blah.. wheel of fortune.. blah

:D

siz

Eats Squid
Where does your user name come from?

Make sure you hit up the races when they come around again and say hello to all the vets. (I assume you are around 30 by your post). Most are pretty easy going and some are darn fast. (except me, I think I forgot how to ride over the last 4 years :eek: )
Im guessing you're asking me?.. "Siz" has been with me for 26yrs:eek:
Not sure on the racing, tried Illinbah-season just gone and crashed badly, Got too many injuries to go pushing my limits in timed runs! But, that may change.....someday!

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Siz, but I was actually asking Shorty40, I was wondering if it refered to his car/4x4.

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Yes mate, Shorty40 is from my old 40 series landcruiser :cool: I registered the name way back on the Snake Racing 4x4 forum and still use it on outerlimts4x4 four wheel drive forum.

The 40 was extensively modified with:

Custom fuel injected V8
60 series 4 speed and transfer case (with Marks reduction gears)
60 series diffs SPOA and ARB's front and rear. Custom trac bar.
60 series power steer
Hi mount winch
101" wheelbase
38" TSLs on flipped rims.
Stripped interior with full cage
Poly race seats and harnesses
fuel cell
soft top and half doors

Ended up selling it and now I run a comp spec rock buggy :cool:

Quintin

Eats Squid
Yes mate, Shorty40 is from my old 40 series landcruiser :cool: I registered the name way back on the Snake Racing 4x4 forum and still use it on outerlimts4x4 four wheel drive forum.

The 40 was extensively modified with:

Custom fuel injected V8
60 series 4 speed and transfer case (with Marks reduction gears)
60 series diffs SPOA and ARB's front and rear. Custom trac bar.
60 series power steer
Hi mount winch
101" wheelbase
38" TSLs on flipped rims.
Stripped interior with full cage
Poly race seats and harnesses
fuel cell
soft top and half doors

Ended up selling it and now I run a comp spec rock buggy :cool:
yeah well.... i got a triton with bald tyres :eek:

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought it might have been you from outerlimits. When you said something about the way you post on other sites. hehehe

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Does anyone want to come for a ride that isnt in hospital ! :D

2 weeks in a row rides have been lined up and the people have put themselves in hospital :D :D :D

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We do a friday arvo gumby ride at Daisy if you are interested. The gumbies are starting to get a little fitness now though. Usually about a 15 - 20 km ride.

Has OL been down for you??

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
What time on Fridays ? Where do you meet ? PM if you like.

OL is down. Tony must not have paid the bill before he left for the States :D :D :D

norco_rival_06

Likes Bikes
rides

me and a mate have been trying to get into street rides. i mean im not the best but id try anything.:) :)
let me now when the next ride is coming and ill try work into it

BIG ANT

Squid
HA Buddy,

Will be going for an early ride on Sunday morining if you are keen.
Ill try to make contact with you later on

Cya,

Doggy

Inconceivable!
I did good today Dan. Im the one that ended up in hospital this time.....yay for me and a dislocated shoulder:D

j-rad

Likes Dirt
me and a mate have been trying to get into street rides. i mean im not the best but id try anything.:) :)
let me now when the next ride is coming and ill try work into it
hey man yeah we are doing street rides like every friday night now days and last friday we had a prettey good turn out so yeah

if you keen let me know

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
I did good today Dan. Im the one that ended up in hospital this time.....yay for me and a dislocated shoulder:D
I think I may be cursed - evertime I organise a ride, someone ends up in hospital :eek:

Ended up at Daisy Hill yesterday for a good 5 hours or so. A good ride but Bloody hot :(

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Yes, thats right....I blame you. All your fault:D
On the plus side though, at least I dont really have to worry about getting my Atomik back quickly now:rolleyes: