Brisbane Rides

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Hurry up and get Bob back - we did Gap Creek today :cool:

Im getting a feel for the bike now - keen to try some DH shuttles :)

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Yes mate, Shorty40 is from my old 40 series landcruiser :cool: I registered the name way back on the Snake Racing 4x4 forum and still use it on outerlimts4x4 four wheel drive forum.
Ah I thought your name was familiar. I was on OL as benno, haven't checked in in years though (no more 4x4).

Tell me about this buggy!

Doggy

Inconceivable!
his buggy is the shiz.....the way it crawls over the little concrete blocks in carparks is amazing. He doesnt want to take it off road though as it could get severely scratched. Heres a pic from a few months ago that I found on OL. Could be different now though.... d d d d d daaaaan care to add to it

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
oh man that's cool. I might have seen that on OL actually, I think it looks kind of familiar.

I miss my fourby. :( Even if it was a POS.

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Cheers Doggy - yes thats my buggy (not my old 40 series where I got my login name from)

The buggy is pretty much the same as in the pics - thats when I dropped it off to have the auto installed ;) Good fun rig. No worries about rego or panel damage :D

So anyway, who is up for a ride ? Wouldnt mind some shuttles etc :cool:

PyletSnviper

Likes Dirt
can anyone pm me a list of tracks that can be found around brisbane.. well anywhere on the east coast actually :)

not your super secret private trails but any well known trails that any rider can have a good ride on

cheers

Stint

Likes Dirt
I would prefer to ride with people around my age (30ish) as the 14 year olds would just make me look stupid :D
Hey Shorty40 and Brisbane crew! I've recently moved over from Perth to Brisbane, and am pretty keen to meet some riding buddies to ride some of the trails with.

I've got both a hard tail, and a freeride bike in my armoury. Most of my riding to date has been singletrack / xc type rides. I am keen to get more skill up in FR/DH, but would be quite cautious to not hurt myself. Being in my late 20's, and working, any down time in the hospital would mean not being able to earn money.

I'm currently still in the throes of relocating, and all my gear is in transit (incl. bikes), but should be ready to go on weekend rides by the start of February. So, if you don't mind having another "oldy" in your crew for a bit of a ride, I would much appreciate a PM of details of the ride, or PM to exchange mobile no's / emails to set up ride times.

I'll be living near Mt Crosby area, and yes, I have wheels to get to places.

Looking forward to hitting the dirt with you gentle folk!

flognoffsky

Banned
can anyone pm me a list of tracks that can be found around brisbane.. well anywhere on the east coast actually :)

not your super secret private trails but any well known trails that any rider can have a good ride on

cheers
dude get te book montain biking in south east queensland it pretty much has all the legal trails in seq in it so your bound to find something