Broken clavicle, can i ride again?

So about few days ago, i was riding at majura and i broke my left collarbone in 2 spots so theres 3 pieces. Doctor said its a 12 weeks recovery time, just wondering if i can ever go back to riding? i do DH as well so im just wondering if i can handle that stress again?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Yes. Many many many people have had fractured clavicles and are back riding bigger than before.
12weeks is not too bad to be off the bike.....I wish I could ride after 12 weeks post shoulder surgery.

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
do some proper rehab and yup youll ride again, you can be on the bike way earlier than 12 weeks if you rehab well

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Yeah man, you'll be right!

I broke my collarbone and badly damaged my AC Joint in a DH stack. I had to have 3cm of the end of my clavicle removed at the shoulder tip end. It ain't attached to anything except some ligaments, and I still ride.

So heal up, listen to your Doc and Physio (if you need one), and go ride!!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Must be a bad one if your looking at 12 weeks.

You'll regain 98-100% shoulder function, don't be all hasty and go back too soon, listen to the Dr's and do you rehab.

Good idea to just think about some bike tracks around the neighborhood rides first, then progress back into DH, the issue being you'll lose general fitness and strength. It's a shitty bone to break.

Broken mine a few times, not issue unless I have a massive solo session when the wife goes to bed, those bloody internal rotators needs more endurance.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Made a mess of both of mine in the last four years, both into five pieces each on separate occasions. (I've actually broken both of them twice now, one each when I was sub 20yrs old, now plus 40) Had both of the fixed with surgery and a 100mm M6 screw down the middle instead of the plate and screws on the outside. Last one had me back at work 4 or 5 days after surgery. Back on the motorbike within the month.
My little trip to hospital three weeks ago after crashing the mtb and knocking myself out proved you can get back into again after surgery 18 months ago. Physio said the fixture probably stopped from re-breaking it again.

AussieBen

Likes Bikes
Same question

I asked they same question 3 months ago when I broke mine. Riding in 8 weeks, full mental recovery in 12 weeks.
Get your arse to credible physio with some bone qualifications asap.
You'll be good as gold in no time...unless you did ligament damage...then it could be a frog chuppachup.